Archived Take a virtual tour of the new Target-Express...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is Target again losing focus. HQ meetings must be like this: Hey I see lots of those dollars stores around we should do that. And One Spot is born. Hey I see lots of those grocery stores around we should do that. Presh is born. Hey I see lots of those Walgreens/CVS around. Target Express is born. It is like they pick out areas that are already heavily competative and try and squeeze into them. Just trying to copy everybody else is not going to work. Hey lets take out our biggest profit area and the one area that Target still holds and advantage in softlines and take it out of the store. Whats next gas stations?

For as much as Target likes to say they innovate, they've really become a company of idea chasing. Online order/in store pickup, Target Ticket, hell even groceries were done by Walmart first and then Target decided to finally pick it up.

I will give then credit for one original idea though, Cartwheel. That program seems to be driving some sales and was a somewhat unique idea for a major retailer.

Other than Cartwheel though, I'm hard pressed to think of an original idea Target has established in the last few years that actually has succeeded.

Didn't they come up with that brilliant idea to enter into a partnership with Neiman Marcus? Is it corporate's fault if Target shoppers weren't falling over themselves to buy flowered bicycles for a mere $500?

CAN WE PLEASE GET THESE DISPLAY TEXTY THINGIES IN ALL STORES. Or is this just a part of the iPod touch thing

I had mentioned awhile back about a work in progress for replacing the current PCT/PCT2 price scanners that most stores have. Say hello to Triple S, or the Seamless Service Station, powered by either Windows 8 or iPad Air's. This is currently in the proof-in-concept stage still, and likely won't have a decision made whether to move forward with these or not until next year. But the idea is full integration with the iPod's that TM's will carry, replacement of Motorola Walkies and provide better guest assistance to our guests by providing a much larger variety of options for help.

But the idea is full integration with the iPod's that TM's will carry, replacement of Motorola Walkies and provide better guest assistance to our guests by providing a much larger variety of options for help.

Wait wait wait. Please tell me you mean replacing them with some new sort of walkie. Because if I have to text backroom and hope they hear the alert, or text p-fresh to ask them to please bring up a bag of ice, 40x a day, I will in fact go insane.

Why is there a big pile of backpacks and purses and stuff behind their service desk...that seems...suspiciously un-brand for a propaganda video...

While we (Target Express employees), were setting up the store and POGs, TMs from all over the twin cities came to help set things up. There were a ton of people in the store and hardly any lockers to put personal items in. We just kept all our stuff behind the registers. Now we have fewer employees in the store and more lockers, so things look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back