Archived “No Longer Available for Return”

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guest came in today to return an item they had bought via order pickup 2 days prior. However, we were not able to because the page for their order said the item was no longer available for return. The only time I have seen this message since working guest services was when the receipt had hit the expiration date. We did not get a chance to contact Target returns yet but my guess is that Target voided reciepts on items that used the coupon glitch ; however if that is the case I think Target is approaching this situation poorly. I think it would be fine to reject an even exchange on such an extravagant deal but not a return outright.

Have you guys experienced this or heard anything about this? What are your thoughts on the situation?

@tmap98

How long was this issue occurring? I was able to process in store returns from a few days prior and same day returns; even small ones from different stores, and online returns, it was just that when I got to that return that I had an issue

Correct, if they tried to scam the store their returns aren't being accepted. We were also told that, in some cases, their no ID limit was automagically maxed out, too.

So on your end you have heard the returns are being outright rejected? I will post word from my store when I get the chance, but it does seem a bit yikes that they would not accept the return at all.
It also will create more work for team members and leads as they will now have to make things right via no receipt returns and overrides.

Maybe an hour or two. Wasn't long. Not sure if it fits the description of your scenario though.

Ah I see thanks! That would honestly be a better scenario as I can understand rejecting exchanges but I do not agree with rejecting returns, but I’ll see what the word is soon!

I'm going into work a little bit later so I can dig into Workbench and try and find the answer. I haven't experienced this PERSONALLY, but I can say that it's likely either an issue with Target's systems or something done intentionally to stop people who abused those coupons the other day.

If they’re returning and only getting what they paid wouldn’t that save target money? You know returning a switch for $50 and reselling it for the correct price? Seems weird to not allow returns

@Amanda Cantwell

Your input would be appreciate when/if you have time lol ‍♀️
I'm going into work a little bit later so I can dig into Workbench and try and find the answer. I haven't experienced this PERSONALLY, but I can say that it's likely either an issue with Target's systems or something done intentionally to stop people who abused those coupons the other day.
That message shows when a VCD hasn’t generated yet as well. Call 718 if Guest doesn’t want to do no receipt return.

Thanks! Also hope work goes as smooth as possible today

If they’re returning and only getting what they paid wouldn’t that save target money? You know returning a switch for $50 and reselling it for the correct price? Seems weird to not allow returns

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, and even if opened and gently used don’t we get credit for CRC items?

That message shows when a VCD hasn’t generated yet as well. Call 718 if Guest doesn’t want to do no receipt return.

Yeah we were in the process of that but the hold time was off the chain; the guest is coming back so we will try that again. Hopefully it generates itself by then or we get a short wait lol

“The guest is coming back” ... 9/10 when a guest says they’ll be back to purchase a cart full of suspend or talk w GS, they don’t bc they are up to no good.

Not saying this is the case but usually anytime a return is flat out rejected, there’s a legit reason and usually doesn’t reflect well on the guest.

“The guest is coming back” ... 9/10 when a guest says they’ll be back to purchase a cart full of suspend or talk w GS, they don’t bc they are up to no good.

Not saying this is the case but usually anytime a return is flat out rejected, there’s a legit reason and usually doesn’t reflect well on the guest.

Well they did admit they used the coupon glitch but everything else regarding their return is legit, ID matches the order, accessed their account, item and packaging were correct. They just didn’t have time to wait for Target.com at that time. So everything else is fine.

Usually that is true, I’ve seen it. But in this case I just believe it’s a byproduct in the wake of the coupon fiasco.

Last edited:
So on your end you have heard the returns are being outright rejected? I will post word from my store when I get the chance, but it does seem a bit yikes that they would not accept the return at all.
It also will create more work for team members and leads as they will now have to make things right via no receipt returns and overrides.
Our GSTL said that was what she was told when she called, and that all the guests she tried to no receipt return for had the no receipt returns denied too. We suspect it's to screw the resellers who just return what they can't sell.

Nah I’ve had legit returns where the system just glitched out and didn’t generate a VCD. Not saying always, but it does happen.
Use the emergency override code instead of calling 718 unless it's super sketchy
I would do this unless it’s sketchy or over $25.

Our GSTL said that was what she was told when she called, and that all the guests she tried to no receipt return for had the no receipt returns denied too. We suspect it's to screw the resellers who just return what they can't sell.
I'm sure the 'no receipt return' was disabled to prevent the return of a $300 item they only paid $128 for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back