Archived “Ownership” with only 18.75 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting really tired of being talked to and having a past CA for not taking ownership of a department that I am in only 18.75 hrs. (At the most, sometimes 15.00). They expect zoning 20 aisles, auto-pulls, push from the truck, and sales planner endcaps, PLUS backstock, trash, and customer service all with no MyDevice in less than four hours.

I am getting really tired of being talked to and having a past CA for not taking ownership of a department that I am in only 18.75 hrs. (At the most, sometimes 15.00). They expect zoning 20 aisles, auto-pulls, push from the truck, and sales planner endcaps, PLUS backstock, trash, and customer service all with no MyDevice in less than four hours.

Cornell only works 18.75 hours a week. He runs a whole company. Lol.

You forgot reshop.

I'm the night person and at first it was just reshop/audit/zoning. Now BTS has happened, and I've got more and more of the actual truck push to do. That involves backstocking, which takes even more time.

I'm starting to wonder if they even bother to schedule someone in my department to do truck push for more than 2 hours.

I own stationary and office. It was a rush but I managed to get most of my work done most days. Hard to tell how many hours because I was on the truck too. Zone would have been better if I had more time. Ever since BTS started however it has been a shitshow.

Pretty much the only time I'm in my area is when I'm pushing my autos. Because the office batches are so big right now it takes me way longer to pull and push the batch than anyone else. Usually by the time I'm completely done with stationary and finished pulling 2-5 three tiers of office, everyone else is done with their areas, pushed rollover and are starting the unload. This means that as everyone is doing truck after the unload, I'm pushing auto

I don't think there is a single department in my store that could be maintained on just 18 hours a week. Not with 6-7 trucks a week.

Who works that part of the store on your days off?
I’ve been inquiring about that and no one seems to give me a straight answer. I know that everyone skips my section at night because it is NEVER zoned at 9 am when I come in. It takes a good 45 min to straighten/zone and pick up strays.

You forgot reshop.

I'm the night person and at first it was just reshop/audit/zoning. Now BTS has happened, and I've got more and more of the actual truck push to do. That involves backstocking, which takes even more time.

I'm starting to wonder if they even bother to schedule someone in my department to do truck push for more than 2 hours.
Backstocking for sports and SOME seasonal (if I get that far) takes a good 30 minutes at least. But I’ve explained that to the team lead and that is also unacceptable (to her).

Years ago when I started at Target, there was an overnight crew who pushed freight onto the floor. Sometimes they didn't zone well, because they were being hurried to get it out, get it out, get it out. But at least the merchandise was on the floor, which is better than it is now with the 8 am crew having to deal with tons of freight and go backs that were done the night before, and zone and cashier and push more freight. One day all of the soft lines tm were so overwhelmed with projects, that none of us had taken our lunch when we normally would have, and we had to all leave the floor at the same time not to go into compliance. I often wonder if some of my fellow tm are taking their required breaks, for fear of not getting work done. Ever since a TL tried to tell me that the 15 minute break is a privilege given to us, I always take my breaks, no matter what.

My tl, also the GM2 tl, had a guy scheduled for 4 hours. He also has to help unload the truck. The unload took 2 hours 10 minutes. His push only was 2 hours 24 minutes. So in addition to not even getting his push done, he was also supposed to backstock, pull his auto, reshop, zone, drop a depth to fill, and do an exf. Never mind if he had any salesplanners or revisions or price change.

And that my coworkers, is called ownership. Even the tl had to shake his head when the guy handed him back that worksheet with zero things checked off.

But I'm guessing that is somehow his fault, right?

My tl, also the GM2 tl, had a guy scheduled for 4 hours. He also has to help unload the truck. The unload took 2 hours 10 minutes. His push only was 2 hours 24 minutes. So in addition to not even getting his push done, he was also supposed to backstock, pull his auto, reshop, zone, drop a depth to fill, and do an exf. Never mind if he had any salesplanners or revisions or price change.

And that my coworkers, is called ownership. Even the tl had to shake his head when the guy handed him back that worksheet with zero things checked off.

He should have owned his business...

wow you guys get worksheets?

Sorry but having some former military experience, Target seems like the least organized place for someone to learn or improve on ownership skills. Things are not structured at all, and they can’t even delegate well enough to get cardboard bales made on time. Somehow though, I’m supposed to find weekly sales planners and set them, as well as finish completely arbitrary truck push deadlines, and backstock 2-3 U-boats all in a 4 hour shift????

I get the standard retail line, “I need all of this done by the time you leave.” When you try and be reasonable and ask what is top priority, they retort with, “All of it.” It’s not helpful when team leads play these games with TMs when they know damn well people cannot get all this stuff done in 3.75 hours. Of course I always say “I’ll do my best to finish,” just to cover myself, but it never happens. On some days (Mondays Fridays and Saturdays) the zone can take a good hour! That’s even before I start on auto pulls and truck push.

I'm learning what tasks I can gloss over some - for instance, I don't zone all that carefully while scanning for EXF, figuring I can zone as I go while pushing my autos and that day's truck.
But I take your point - keep finding stuff in the back that's not located and wonder when I'm ever going to get my back room aisles cleaned up. Some of what I find has empty places on the floor, because it comes up as 0 on hand when I EXF, so it looks like there's nothing to pull. Wow, was I surprised when I'm back stocking and find a waco full of that very product. And it's not just 1 or 2 DPCIs.

I'm learning what tasks I can gloss over some - for instance, I don't zone all that carefully while scanning for EXF, figuring I can zone as I go while pushing my autos and that day's truck.
But I take your point - keep finding stuff in the back that's not located and wonder when I'm ever going to get my back room aisles cleaned up. Some of what I find has empty places on the floor, because it comes up as 0 on hand when I EXF, so it looks like there's nothing to pull. Wow, was I surprised when I'm back stocking and find a waco full of that very product. And it's not just 1 or 2 DPCIs.

If you are good at finding unlocated product in the back, volunteer for flex if you want hours. Big part of the job.

If you are good at finding unlocated product in the back, volunteer for flex if you want hours. Big part of the job.
our store got rid of the swap shift board. Probably another victim of the hour slashing. If a shift is unfilled the ETL quietly is jumping for joy because her payroll is good. She can get any old joe to do a half ass job in the area I'm supposed to be owning even when I'm not there most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back