Archived #1 Trending on Yahoo Homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always get so easily offended. Don't get me wrong, its pretty stupid on Target's part, but it will get largely over blown. Twitter will blow up about it, Target will apologize and donate funds to a Manatee Conservation group.

She was shopping online.
I could see her point since the same color was described in a different way for the two sizes.
Basically a case of one department not talking to the other and the one (plus size) being too stupid for words.
It's kind of like the black parachuting Halloween toys they made a few years ago and labeled SPOOKS.
I guess the guys that approved that one weren't alive in the sixties.

True. I imagine a lot of stuff on the website is automatically populated (descriptions, etc.) and someone wasn't paying attention.

That's the part that gets to me.
These people make an ung-dly amount of money to do just that, pay attention.

We can look at it and say, man people are just too sensitive but Spot pays somebody to think about how sensitive people are going to be.
All that money and they can't avoid a simple mistake like this?
It's not really rocket science.

Maybe if they didn't eat so much they wouldn't be manatees.... People get so butthurt, take all that energy and go workout instead of complain! Rofl

Manatee gray has been in that line forever. The fact someone slipped in the design/web department and did this? Hilarious. GTC for them.

She was shopping online.
I could see her point since the same color was described in a different way for the two sizes.
Basically a case of one department not talking to the other and the one (plus size) being too stupid for words.
It's kind of like the black parachuting Halloween toys they made a few years ago and labeled SPOOKS.

You would think somebody with just a little common sense would review the stuff we sell to avoid these kinds of things. I mean it happens all the time.

People always get so easily offended. Don't get me wrong, its pretty stupid on Target's part, but it will get largely over blown. Twitter will blow up about it, Target will apologize and donate funds to a Manatee Conservation group.

Haha!

As a nutritionally-impaired person myself, the simple solution is to use the same color description for all sizes - manatee grey for all sizes, the skinny minis & hefty heifers alike.

Manatee + Plus Size = Offensive.

Did somebody in marketing just go sleep on that one or what?

She was shopping online.

You would think somebody with just a little common sense would review the stuff we sell to avoid these kinds of things. I mean it happens all the time.

This thread reminds me... Anyone else been told to cover the names of the "Orina" Mossimo Supply Co. sandals? Evidently "orina" means "urine" in Spanish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back