1 year anniversary! Yay..?

Just got my 1 year anniversary “gift” from my team lead yesterday. I knew my 1 year was coming up, but i didnt think they’d mention it in any way. So, I was slightly glad i got something. What a disappointment. The packet contained a card that barely had a sentence written in it. I kind of saw it coming, but i’ve been feeling so under-appreciated there lately and this just hit me hard. All good though, its just a retail job.

What did you guys get on your 1-year anniversary at target?

I think I got more work (after my one year anniversary.)

I went from running 2 depts, to running to entire "blocks" - A block and B block -

Nothing. And then when five years came along I wanted the actual card acknowledging it (I got the paycheck bonus) but never got it because the ETLs hoarding them at their desks never handed them out to the team. Pretty sure they got thrown out.

Last edited:
One of our TLs had a 15 year anniversary, and a TM had a 5 year anniversary during the same month. Our idiot, sorority girl, cheerleader of an ETL-HR at the time, gave the more valuable gift card to the TM and the less valuable card to the TL. The TM quit after they received theirs with out reporting the mix up. Don't know what they ended up doing for the TL.

Usually just your name written on a calendar. Awesome on leadership if they writing out cards for 1 year anniversary

Back