Archived 10% Employee Discount....Eligible Family Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee

I just joined the breakroom. My son is 19 years old and he is employed part-time by Target. He has no dependents and lives at home. In fact, he is my dependent! Anyway, I know Target team members get 10% off. It also reads that "eligible family members" get the discount too! Would a Target employee's mom qualify for a 10% discount card to use at Target. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I believe you have to be a dependent of the team member (not vice versa) in order to be eligible for a discount card (i.e. spouse, children, etc.).

eligible dependents are those who are dependents of the team member. Easiest way to understand: Anyone the team member claims or could claim on their taxes.

No, the parent is not eligible, friends are not eligible, siblings are not eligible.

Not worth losing your job over 10% discount.

Oh, I would feel awful if my son lost his job because of me.
Thank you. For some reason I thought parents could use the discount.

The family members who are eligible to participate are the spouse, or domestic partner, and children 16 to 25 who are your dependents AND full time students. =)
I just joined the breakroom. My son is 19 years old and he is employed part-time by Target. He has no dependents and lives at home. In fact, he is my dependent! Anyway, I know Target team members get 10% off. It also reads that "eligible family members" get the discount too! Would a Target employee's mom qualify for a 10% discount card to use at Target. Thanks in advance.

To all others with a similar question:

Buy the stuff your parent wants with cash, or your own check or red card.

If reimbursement happens before or after the fact, neither the cash register reports or cameras would show any evidence.

To all others with a similar question:

Buy the stuff your parent wants with cash, or your own check or red card.

If reimbursement happens before or after the fact, neither the cash register reports or cameras would show any evidence.

And make sure that your dependents know that only they can use their card - not their girl or boy friends, not their classmates, not their coworkers, etc.

You had to talk to people about this? At my store, I have almost never seen anyone let anyone else use their cards. Whether the stuff they buy for others is a gift or not (a distinction which is too fuzzy to mean anything in real life, since we generally receive some form of reimbursement for most gifts in life) is their business.

As others have stated, only dependants or spouse can use the discount.

However you can buy whatever you want with your own money & discount and have others reimburse you outside of the store with no consequence. Just keep your mouth shut ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back