Archived $12 Min soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading about the company wide min going to $12..."in the spring"...is this true? But only for current employees, not a new min for future employees? I was assuming the merit raises would be in the spring like usual, with the min raise to be around in the fall...but I keep reading soon/spring. I guess it's anybody's guess at this point?

Would be nice to know more a specific time frame than just "in the spring" or "soon"...but I'm not complaining.

Ew4GxPg.gif

For everyone. Min will be $12. Current tm will get review first, then up to 12 if not there yet. New hires will start at $12min

I feel like they're gonna try to keep on people who would've been making close to 15 anyway and purging out the shitty TMs who waste payroll by not fucking doing their job. I would not mind at all.

I feel like they are going to continue to cut hours. Good people will get fed up and leave. Keeping the shitty people (or brand new people) who now earn just as much as the remaining good ones.

I feel like they are going to continue to cut hours. Good people will get fed up and leave. Keeping the shitty people (or brand new people) who now earn just as much as the remaining good ones.

as far as things are I feel safe but I completely agree that this company will shed all payroll they can to improve profits and they arent being nice about it lol

I saw this and thought I'll see if they bump me up next pay period or wait merit raises are given. But I'm one of those TMs who loves a pay raise but you have to earn it. Nowadays newbies just want the $12/hr and do jack squat for it.
I'm like go away payroll leeches.

They are going to give us our review raise right before they bump up to the new minimum. Why bother busting my ass anymore if I dont get any benefit from working hard. Thanks Target, hold on just a minute while i bend over for you.

So..... along these lines..... Hypothetically, let's say a TL is giving "Bob" his annual review. Bob is less than stellar at his job. He's slow when it comes to productivity, and makes a few mistakes, he's really shy and doesn't speak to Guests. But, he is a "nice guy", reliable, and shows up for work. Bob is ranked as ION (improved outcome needed). Bob only "earns" a ten-cent raise. Bob continues his sub-par performance day in and day out...... yawn. You know that Bob (and all the other Bobs out there) will "fall thru the cracks" when it comes to "coaching up or out".
--------and then, it happens!!!
Bob will be entitled to the $12 minimum a few months later. Bob's teammates, Bill, Brian and Brad are also entitled to the $12 minimum! Bravo ! They all had DIO or DEO on their reviews !!! They are top-performers..... they should get the bump in pay ! Where is the logic?

Maybe, just maybe.... Spot should re-phrase the elevated pay message...... Earn up to $15 by 2020.

So..... along these lines..... Hypothetically, let's say a TL is giving "Bob" his annual review. Bob is less than stellar at his job. He's slow when it comes to productivity, and makes a few mistakes, he's really shy and doesn't speak to Guests. But, he is a "nice guy", reliable, and shows up for work. Bob is ranked as ION (improved outcome needed). Bob only "earns" a ten-cent raise. Bob continues his sub-par performance day in and day out...... yawn. You know that Bob (and all the other Bobs out there) will "fall thru the cracks" when it comes to "coaching up or out".
Bob will be entitled to the $12 minimum a few months later. Bob's teammates, Bill, Brian and Brad are also entitled to the $12 minimum! Bravo ! They all had DIO or DEO on their reviews !!! They are top-performers..... they should get the bump in pay ! Where is the logic?

Maybe, just maybe.... Spot should re-phrase the elevated pay message...... Earn up to $15 by 2020.

Even worse, if Bob and his teammates are on the food team, they will make $12.50. They will make the same as a team member that is a fast in pushing the truck, pulls, backstock, and also FIFO.

Wasn’t Bob the same guy from that ED pill commercial?

Bill, Brian, and Brad got a pay raise and they're complaining about it? Sound like a bunch of petty people to me. They should be mad at the TL for not performancing Bob out. Who cares if he makes the same as you if he's not gonna be around much longer? They should be allowed to give more hours to top performers IMO. So Bob's paycheck would be quite small compared to Bill, Brian, and Brad's. Work would get done more efficiently with fewer mistakes/rework.

Hopefully this will attract better applicants for jobs, and eventually better TMs. If Spot can reverse this trend of cutting hours they might even keep them.
That strategy only works if they base pay is raised and stays at that level, allowing those new TMs to prove their worth with annual merit raises. By phasing it in like they're doing, we will hire great TMs, but we'll also lose great TMs who get fed up with years of making the same amount as the person they're training.

It will work out better in 2020 when base gets to $15 and stays there, assuming Target can actually stick to a plan for more than a couple of years.

It didn't bring in any better seasonals as a whole but there were a few good ones and luckily they were able to keep those one after - although some how 2 or 3 stinkers still made it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back