Archived 15.00 an hour matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red pill or the blue pilll, which did you choose ? If you chose red, go to this website. www.epi.org >resources tab > family budget calculator tab. Who came up with 15 an hr that you see every-where ? That number does not mean shit. 💀

Not to mention, when the feds pass universal base income and corporations are being taxed like crazy, it will be worse.

Were in the midst of a galactic shit show ladies and gents. Sip your beer and watch the piles of shit burn cuz the times are changing.

UBI will never happen and even if it does it will last a year or less before it's yanked. The day it rolls out the lumpenproles stampede to Best Buy and blow the whole bag in one go, then upon realizing they have no money left over to go to The Cheesecake Factory, a huge riot ensues

Not to mention, when the feds pass universal base income and corporations are being taxed like crazy, it will be worse.

Were in the midst of a galactic shit show ladies and gents. Sip your beer and watch the piles of shit burn cuz the times are changing.
What people seem to always fail to understand is that hours will ALWAYS be low. Companies do not pay for what they do not need. If they absolutely need only 4 people on the floor, there will be 4 people on the floor. At $7.25 an hour or at $15. Business do not have people on the clock that they do not need. If you cannot afford labor at $15 an hour, hate to break it to you, but your business has already failed.

I’ve never heard of a company meeting where they say “We only need 500 associates, but since we are paying them $8.00 an hour, let’s hire another 100 out of the goodness of our heart.”

If the large businesses can influence the political system in their favor, surely we can do the same for us.

Last edited:
It don’t mean shit if you’re actually making less at Target than if you would at a lesser paying job offering 40 hours.

What a shit show Target turned into.
I never understood this logic. Why work more for less just for the extra hours? There is so much you can do with extra hours throughout a day, including making more money. Why sell yourself for less, while also sacrificing your time?

Also, how do you get another job when Target demands open availability. So you interview for another job, “what’s your availability?” “IDK, I’ll let you know when the schedule comes out,” is not going to work.

They don't demand open availability...

Also, how do you get another job when Target demands open availability. So you interview for another job, “what’s your availability?” “IDK, I’ll let you know when the schedule comes out,” is not going to work.
Exactly, as a matter of fact they just asked me if I could extend my availability today. It's already 7am -10pm, but that just ain't good enough for Target!

I never understood this logic. Why work more for less just for the extra hours? There is so much you can do with extra hours throughout a day, including making more money. Why sell yourself for less, while also sacrificing your time?
because if people drive a decent ways to a from a job, it seems useless to do it for a 4 hour shift when you could do a 7 or 8 hour shift.

What people seem to always fail to understand is that hours will ALWAYS be low. Companies do not pay for what they do not need. If they absolutely need only 4 people on the floor, there will be 4 people on the floor. At $7.25 an hour or at $15. Business do not have people on the clock that they do not need. If you cannot afford labor at $15 an hour, hate to break it to you, but your business has already failed.

I’ve never heard of a company meeting where they say “We only need 500 associates, but since we are paying them $8.00 an hour, let’s hire another 100 out of the goodness of our heart.”

If the large businesses can influence the political system in their favor, surely we can do the same for us.
Using your example, the Target equivalent is saying "We only need 500 associates but we'll hire 1000 so we'll always have 500 trained folks no matter how bad the turnover gets, and we'll spread the 500 people's hours across all 1000 people. Not a biggie if that means the 500 trained folks get only 8 hours a week."

Meanwhile, me, at Costco;
42 hour weeks, $15/hr starting, getting a raise every 1040 hours or every six months maxing out at $24/hr in six years unless I promote and instantly get $26.50/hr and I'm uncapped.
Don’t forget about the bonus checks after 12,400 hrs starting at 5K per year, the amazing medical, dental and vision insurance, the personal/sick pay (72 hrs a year for full time), all the paid holidays that we are closed for and the vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back