Corporate $15

Just saw on GMA this morning that we are keeping the $15 an hour for team members and also every target team member is going to get a $200 One time bonus for working through the pandemic. So question ???
If team members pay stays at $15 an hour what about the $2 pay bump that the TLs got, I wonder if they will let us keep that.

My question if Imake 13.25 right now plus 2.00 differential pay. = 15.25.
on July 5th I’ll just go to 15 per hour. So I am losing 25 cents per hour

And everyone whether here 10 years Or 1 day will all be at the same pay.

So you would remain at $15.25 but as you said, all new TM’s would be making $15.

Just saw on GMA this morning that we are keeping the $15 an hour for team members and also every target team member is going to get a $200 One time bonus for working through the pandemic. So question ???
If team members pay stays at $15 an hour what about the $2 pay bump that the TLs got, I wonder if they will let us keep that.

I’m wondering the same exact thing. Because otherwise, TM minimum is $15 and TL minimum is $17.50 and if you’re already over minimum (like most out there), you’re S.O.L

Those are great questions! But a raise is a raise. Isn't it?

Except when it's not really a raise because in reality we'll be making less than we are now, which is the case for a great many TMs who have worked at Target long enough to have received at least one evaluation. My base rate is $13.65, so right now with hazard pay I make $15.65 (let's ignore shift differential for simplification). Hazard pay is going away so going forward, I'll be at $15. So like @qmosqueen making less than I am now.

You are making $13.25 and then the $2 “Hazard Pay” correct? Then you will just go to the $15. Any TM’s already over the $15 will keep their base rate and just lose the $2 hazard pay. It was never meant to be permanent. I sure wish it was. I’m one of those that will lose the $2 and not see any kind of raise

No where in the email from BC does it say the $2 hazard pay is going away. It just says the base pay is going to $15.

I assume he is thinks it's a given, but he didn't specify and I think as long as we wear masks we should get the hazard pay.

No where in the email from BC does it say the $2 hazard pay is going away. It just says the base pay is going to $15.

I assume he is thinks it's a given, but he didn't specify and I think as long as we wear masks we should get the hazard pay.
It didn't say that the hazard pay is going to stay. We were already told that it goes away July 4.

I would bet that TL'S lose the $2.00 hazard pay.

Last edited:
Wonder how more badly hours will be cut and what positions will be elimated and added to already over stressed tms to compensate for this pr move

Target already announced in 2017 they were going to a $15 minimum wage by the end of 2020. They had 3 years to plan for this.

All they are doing is starting it 6 months early.

In addition, this may attract a better seasonal employees for the holidays. With tens of millions of people currently unemployed due to the pandemic, some of those people will still be looking for or needing employment this holiday season. $15 per hour may attract better employees.

Target already announced in 2017 they were going to a $15 minimum wage by the end of 2020. They had 3 years to plan for this.

All they are doing is starting it 6 months early.

In addition, this may attract a better seasonal employees for the holidays. With tens of millions of people currently unemployed due to the pandemic, some of those people will still be looking for or needing employment this holiday season. $15 per hour may attract better employees.
Co sideeting the $12 attracred only the lazy shits who didnt care and had no work ethic im not holding my breath. Enjoy that koolaid though sounds refreshing.

Also wasnt talking about the 15 was talking about the piddly little bonus. If you think we arent pauing for that in other ways you habent worked fro spot long enough

$15 might attract better applicants. That's fair. I guess. At least in theory.

That's only one part of the equation, however. The other part is management's ability to identify the best potential employees. How are they going to fix that?

You can't fix that when you've got 5 positions to fill and only 4 people show up to interview, hire 3, and only 2 make it to orientation.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “but they interviewed so well!” when a seasonal hire goes completely off the rails.

Ahh, the cry at my store is, "but they have open availability!" As if that's somehow a cure for abject stupidity and the work ethic of a stoned slacker consciously making an effort to imitate Ethan Hawke in Reality Bites.

So you would remain at $15.25 but as you said, all new TM’s would be making $15.
I think everyone will be at $15 unless you were at more than $15 before the pandemic. Just like when we went to $13 the raise didn’t really count, we got the raise then went to $13 didn’t get raise on top of $13.

Back