Archived .

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nearby Target closed their FA couple weeks back.

I wonder what they will do with the empty space now??? This store also has four (4) parking spaces re-painted and blocked off for the pickup service. Any association?

Last edited:
We kept ours during the remodel last fall. Similar size is getting rid of it this spring. They are adding a Starbucks though. There is scope to expand warming ovens for Starbucks into closed food ave and/ or leave just a soda machine.

POPCORN and ICEE PEOPLE will riot.

All the parents who demand for 10 kid sample popcorns for their 2 kids will have a meltdown.

Ours is going soon; maybe a month or two.

The Cafe has sort of slid in recent years, which causes less traffic, which leads to less staff or attention to it (often a Starbucks employee has to run and cover it quick), which then leads to less traffic again and the problem just snowballs.

Another problem is poor signage. I worked their for months until I found out we offered pizza. That’s because there’s no sign with a price or anything. And with the low traffic issue they never put any on the hot pad so...

Sounds they are making Starbucks bigger and will likely keep soda and ICEE stuff still. Popcorn will be the big heartbreaker to many.

Hot take here: I think it’s over salty and terrible - but all my friends and family rave over it and even make special trips for it.

....but the anger lingers & they don't hesitate to tell you EACH AND EVERY TIME they come in.

I shut that down by simply agreeing with them. Most recognize me from my years there.

Ours is surprisingly incredibly busy people will riot if we get rid of ours

That sounds like our FA!

Hot take here: I think it’s over salty and terrible - but all my friends and family rave over it and even make special trips for it.

I would make a fresh batch for you and salt it to your specification. All you need do is ask.

POPCORN and ICEE PEOPLE will riot.

All the parents who demand for 10 kid sample popcorns for their 2 kids will have a meltdown.
Another store in my area got remodeled and they got rid of FA for only the Starbucks. There is a side section for some popcorn, icee and I think I saw those new soda vending machines. You probably go to Starbucks to purchase them.

Another store in my area got remodeled and they got rid of FA for only the Starbucks. There is a side section for some popcorn, icee and I think I saw those new soda vending machines. You probably go to Starbucks to purchase them.
The one near me already has a SB. Curious on what it will be.

Beer/Wine
Pickup Service
Expand Softlines
Move SD from the lanes to the old FA

The one near me already has a SB. Curious on what it will be.

Beer/Wine
Pickup Service
Expand Softlines
Move SD from the lanes to the old FA

If you already have a Starbucks, then the old Cafe space would probably go towards a new Guest Service Desk because integrated guest services is dying off (thank god). A liquor store is also an option, and they look kinda amazing tbh

10059161+1target100314.JPG

Ours was intended to be "wine & spirits", when the sign went up first I was nearby and I overheard a guest telling a friend on the phone that we were going to have a wine and SPRITEs store ,it was fun store hearing her try to explain what sprites were.Sadly no sign of spirits or sprites yet...
I miss FA,wasn't great,but it was there.I have been around so long I remember when we could get bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Yep, if you have IGS you can pretty much count on cafe becoming guest service. That's what is happening to my store and the other two close-by stores.

If my store was getting remodeled would I know by now. I always search it on workbench but all that comes up is “remodel guides” I can’t for the life of me find the list of stores that are getting remodeled

If my store was getting remodeled would I know by now. I always search it on workbench but all that comes up is “remodel guides” I can’t for the life of me find the list of stores that are getting remodeled

any rumors of a remodel in your store? i learned about my store's remodel by casually mentioning how something looked outdated and my ETL was like "oh well it's gonna be changing soon anyway"

if you'd like i can tell you where to find the spreadsheet in workbench when i go in tonight

any rumors of a remodel in your store? i learned about my store's remodel by casually mentioning how something looked outdated and my ETL was like "oh well it's gonna be changing soon anyway"

if you'd like i can tell you where to find the spreadsheet in workbench when i go in tonight
In January my STL mentioned we might be getting one but that’s the only thing I heard about it. I ask around and everyone’s like “oh really? Haven’t heard anything”. We’ve been having tons of visits because we’re like top in our district or something idk if that has anything to do with it. And yes please <3 of you could take a picture of the list and PM it to me or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back