Archived 20 boxes of repack 4 hrs still not fast enoigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember those times I got a fuck load of Zone 6 repacks full of the pegged Spritz tissue paper and spent a few hours or days hanging all 5,000 of them in location. That was long enough ago that I could just about get my toe past the 40.01 marker before being punted out the door by ETL-LOG. In those days you could exploit the tediousness of tasks to line your pockets, but since then they've found many ways to make tasks even more tedious but without any dough in it for you. Bamboozled again!

Stationary Housewares and Party.
I mean. Housewares doesn't take that long. On Thursday I did about 20 in 2 hours for housewares. Stat/office on the other hand, I can get about 8 an hour? Maybe yours weren't easy that day but I hate to say you could probably find a way to get through more of them sooner... Are they putting the 6's and the 4's together for you? What vehicle do you have them on?

20 boxes of repack in 4 hours adds up to approximately 5 boxes per hour. That's about 1 box every 12 minutes. Yes, that is good, considering each big box is full of little boxes that you have to rip open, take all items out of the plastic, etc.

Yes for 13/hr, I'd say they're getting their money's worth. I don't work any faster for $13/hr. Sorry. Lol

20 boxes of repack in 4 hours adds up to approximately 5 boxes per hour. That's about 1 box every 12 minutes. Yes, that is good, considering each big box is full of little boxes that you have to rip open, take all items out of the plastic, etc.

Yes for 13/hr, I'd say they're getting their money's worth. I don't work any faster for $13/hr. Sorry. Lol
The only place I say 5 repacks an hour is good is pharmacy/beauty. Everywhere else you should at least be getting 1 done every 8 minutes.

Nope. Ain't gonna happen. Lol

I totally agree with you.

This is what I have to say to one repack every 8 minutes.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Try working in a busy department when everyone and their 3 kids is going through it with their land-boat buggies wanting their hands held. From 2-5 you're lucky to get anything done. (These are just the hours I get super busy in, I know there's busy/er times for other departments)

Last edited:
Lol. Plus, take away 45 min for break and lunch, and the time spent huddling, and throwing away the cardboard in the baler. Plus I've barely been here a week.

TMs have 7 minutes PER repack at my store, doesn’t matter if you’re pushing Housewares or Bedding/Bath. Housewares is a bit more tedious because of how much extra trash there is in those repacks, but anything over 10 minutes just seems excessive.

TMs have 7 minutes PER repack at my store, doesn’t matter if you’re pushing Housewares or Bedding/Bath. Housewares is a bit more tedious because of how much extra trash there is in those repacks, but anything over 10 minutes just seems excessive.

10 minutes per repack isn't anyway NEAR enough. Have you SEEN what baby repacks can look like for Christ's sake?

10 minutes per repack isn't anyway NEAR enough. Have you SEEN what baby repacks can look like for Christ's sake?
Yeah, because I have to dig through them when I look for items for an OPU. Some are bad, some have just a baby bag in them. Average it out and it should still be less than ten minutes per repack.

When I timed myself out of curiosity the last time I responded to a repack discussion, I pushed 8 of them 1hr 12min, which comes out to 9 minutes a box.

Things to factor in: nothing in those boxes was broken or leaking, I didn't have guest interruptions during that particular time, and all the leads at my store say I'm very fast at repacks. So that one went very smoothly. Factor in needy guests and damaged products, it's going to bring that average time up.

The only place I say 5 repacks an hour is good is pharmacy/beauty. Everywhere else you should at least be getting 1 done every 8 minutes.
I'm guessing you never opened a repack filled with boxes of candles or Hearth and Hand.

So a tm this weekend was scheduled to push pharmacy repacks. It was a 4 hour shift. He spent 2 hours on lane. So all you time lords out there, since he didn't get his work done, how do we wrote him up? He clearly didn't average 8 minutes a repack since he had 4 hours. That's 30 repacks. What a slacker.

I'm guessing you never opened a repack filled with boxes of candles or Hearth and Hand.
Zone 3 repacks take me 5 minutes each on average. I break down all of the non-domestics into a 3tier and push it all at the end. You act like that stuff is hard to push. All of the DPCIs are on all the products for Home. If you have to scan them for locations, that's what's slowing you down.

So a tm this weekend was scheduled to push pharmacy repacks. It was a 4 hour shift. He spent 2 hours on lane. So all you time lords out there, since he didn't get his work done, how do we wrote him up? He clearly didn't average 8 minutes a repack since he had 4 hours. That's 30 repacks. What a slacker.
If you actually read the thread before posting, 8 minutes a repack wasnt the goal for pharmacy/beauty. The goal for those is about 4 or 5 an hour.

Funny , 30 years ago I had my first boss tell me" it takes 7 minutes to smoke a cigarette on a 10 minute break so no excuses being late getting back."...Wow. Weve come a long way..baby. ? Like living in a Dickens movie these days....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back