$200 Bonus

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Just got the email via Workday:

Award Amount: $200

Pay out Date: 7/24/2020

To recognize your work to support our guests and their families, all eligible active store team members hired on or before July 12, and active as of July 12th, will receive a one-time $200 award. Team members returning from a leave of absence by July 31 are also eligible. Team members terminated prior to the payout date will not receive the award. The $200 award will be reflected on your 7/24/2020 paycheck if eligible. Team members returning from leave by July 31 will receive the payment on their 8/7/2020 paycheck.

Enroll in electronic pay — Timely distribution of paper paychecks can be impacted by a number of factors, including accessibility to Target locations and disruptions in shipping across the country. To be prepared for these interruptions and to ensure timely access to your pay, team members should strongly consider setting up their pay for electronic deposit to their bank account or a Paycard.

July 12? Why not through June 30 or even July 4 when the pandemic pay ended? Once again I have trouble understanding how this is fair to those of us who’ve been slogging it out for 3 months when you give it to someone hired 2 days prior to the deadline. Like maybe pro-rate it?

"Eligible" means 30 plus hours correct? I think all tms should recieve the bonus.

Wish they would do it at least once a month since it’s a big deal that everyone must wear masks everywhere and take extra precautions. Any essential business should do that since it’s a big risk.
They should definitely bring back hazard pay for states currently seeing surges. I feel somewhat safe in New York so I could do without it, but it’s dangerous in some states right now.

But it’s been obvious since the beginning that the temporary pay differential was A) for good PR and B) a way to ease into the $15 pay bump.

Well I'm very much appreciative of the bonus it seems almost disingenuous. It was a thank you for working through through these last couple of months yet someone new who worked 4 hours last week is going to be rewarded for the same dedication and level of stress between evey day task with no team and our needy demanding guest that I endured during the height of this thing. But again Target doesn't have to do this which is why I'm appreciative. It's almost like a participation trophy! Lol

Well I'm very much appreciative of the bonus it seems almost disingenuous. It was a thank you for working through through these last couple of months yet someone new who worked 4 hours last week is going to be rewarded for the same dedication and level of stress between evey day task with no team and our needy demanding guest that I endured during the height of this thing. But again Target doesn't have to do this which is why I'm appreciative. It's almost like a participation trophy! Lol

I loathe participation trophies.

But I like money. 😁

Did you hear this from somewhere? At huddles we were told we would all receive the bonus.
When they first announced it my SD asked if I average 30 hours and said I would be a getting the bonus...so I wasnt sure if thats what they meant by "eligible" my sd also isnt very reliable with info ..but I hope thats not true...most tms are within 20 to 30 and they deserve the bonus too.

When they first announced it my SD asked if I average 30 hours and said I would be a getting the bonus...so I wasnt sure if thats what they meant by "eligible" my sd also isnt very reliable with info ..but I hope thats not true...most tms are within 20 to 30 and they deserve the bonus too.
It’s everyone active on 7/12 regardless of hours
This is per workday

Given how much Target has been cutting our hours, it's worse than insulting that the COVID-19 thank-you bonus is being extended to new hires brought in after the bonus was announced a month ago. The new people, hired between the June 17th announcement and July 12th (two days ago), weren't here during the dark days when we actually had TMs out on quarantine or illness LOA, when we actually were at our most frightened about exposure to COVID-19 germs from guests.

This reinforces my sense that Target really wants to push out existing TMs and replace all of them with newbies.

Last edited:
Given how much Target has been cutting our hours, it's worse than insulting that the COVID-19 thank-you bonus is being extended to new hires brought in after the bonus was announced a month ago. The new people, hired between the June 17th announcement and July 12th (two days ago), weren't here during the dark days when we actually had TMs out on quarantine or illness LOA, when we actually were at our most frightened about exposure to COVID-19 germs from guests.

This reinforces my sense that Target really wants to push out existing TMs and replace all of them with newbies.

I agree with you, partly. TMs in other areas are now facing those dark days, although they probably aren't getting the volume of shoppers we were getting in March, April and May. They are dealing with the fear of the virus and people being out sick though.

A TM just came back from LOA and was freaking out because there were 5 drive ups on the way. I'm like "honey, that ain't nothing". I do wish that they would quietly give those of us who didn't take leave an extra bonus. We worked our asses off.

Come to my store. We can't hire them fast enough. Lots of people taking leave. Rolling trucks daily.

I'm getting 30 hours next week and 39.5 the week after that.

For as long as a lot of ya'll have worked for Spot, why are you surprised you're getting railroaded.

I applaud the new hired getting a pittance.

Back