2012 GOP Debate

talan123

Team Member/Troll
My dad, who was a Bush "Pioneer" or something like that, has given up on the Republican Party and now votes straight Democrat.

The GOP is no longer a functioning governing party, it is a dysfunctional party that runs for elections.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
Unfortunately its going to be a back and forth battle for the next decade at least. Democrat president, republican congress...republican president, democratic congress...so forth

And they are going to argue for polar opposites just because they just want to disagree with one another.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Until the budget is balanced, all members of congress & the white house should forgo their salaries & benefits should be stripped.
They should then repeal the automatic cost-of-living raise they wrote into law & start stripping away the perks that make it so attractive to be a career politician. Only then do we elect someone who truly wants to serve.

We also need to elect adults to Congress. My representative looks like he is in high school and he is one of the freshmen in Congress who are acting like the rich kid who just took all the toys home because people wouldn't play according to his rules. Compromise is not a dirty word! I hope they all lose in 2012, including my "Congressboy." Doesn't help that he is younger than me!

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
I found it appalling that several Tea-baggers that were elected on the premise of cutting entitlements made sure that their benefits were protected. One expressed outrage at the mere suggestion that congressional perks be cut, stating that such benefits made up for the 'poor pay of the public sector'. Irony being completely lost on that one, as is the term 'public servant'.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
Until the budget is balanced, all members of congress & the white house should forgo their salaries & benefits should be stripped.
They should then repeal the automatic cost-of-living raise they wrote into law & start stripping away the perks that make it so attractive to be a career politician. Only then do we elect someone who truly wants to serve.
During economic boom times, we need to run a huge surplus so that when times are bad we turn to the government for demand when businesses and consumers are unable to.

Well said redeye! It's a shame the public isn't better educated on the differences between the Republican and the Democratic party. The are HUGE! Democrats are FOR equal rights for EVERYONE, for the gov't staying out of people's bedrooms, for helping the poor: Food Stamps, Welfare, Medicaid, Social Security, Medicare, affordable college rates, if it helps the middle class and the poor, the Democrats are FOR it. The republicans are FOR no one except The Rich, Big Businesses and Corporate America! They want to STOP regulations that PROTECT us from Big Business, Corporate American, and The Rich. For example, it was REPUBLICAN legislation that CAUSED the LARGEST Natural Disaster in our planets history (the MILLIONS of Gallons of oil spill into the Gulf! They were guilty of that for TWO reasons: Republicans care about MONEY over Environment, and they care about Businesses before people, so they asked for LESS regulation, which is what CAUSED the explosion and all that oil to gush into the Gulf! I'm so glad we have places like this to educate people about the HUGE differences between the parties!
I found it appalling that several Tea-baggers that were elected on the premise of cutting entitlements made sure that their benefits were protected. One expressed outrage at the mere suggestion that congressional perks be cut, stating that such benefits made up for the 'poor pay of the public sector'. Irony being completely lost on that one, as is the term 'public servant'.

this is very true!
My dad, who was a Bush "Pioneer" or something like that, has given up on the Republican Party and now votes straight Democrat.

The GOP is no longer a functioning governing party, it is a dysfunctional party that runs for elections.

all politics isn't bad, there is a HUGE difference from one party to other, Dems are for the poor and middle class, repubs are for the rich and no one else