2019 Price Scanners Refresh

Just a heads up to stores getting the refresh from a recent or current remodel or eventually down the road refreshing due to EOL of the current PCT scanners: please partner with your PMT's to ensure that with most stores moving their departments around that you clearly identify the MAC stations names to them. This would also be a great opportunity to update any current stations that are incorrect for the nearest department (movement of Home Storage, Furniture, Plastic Storage, etc etc.) This is vital for the Zebra alerts coming through as the Indyme system no longer handles requests and will save the CSC and your team hassle in the future. Thanks!

Last edited:
Wait... am I high? Are you saying there will be no more “fast service needed in electronics” calls on the walkie?? This will only be if you’re logged in for alerts on a zebra 🤯

Alerts should be moving to myDay, and should be department specific (@mobileFellow correct me if I'm wrong). You'll also be logging into it from the get-go because it contains sales, tasks, and communications that are vital to your daily workload.

Vital? We never finish the push from the days truck in hba and pharmacy. Never in the last month has that days truck been fully pushed. Nevermind the backstock. Hard to understand how knowing sajes is vital when we can't even get the push done. Unless you mean vital as on .... when the DTL breezes through and asks what the sales are ... you can tell them. I guess that might be vital to you keeping your job.

How will this work for leaders? Will, say, the GM leader be able to get alerts for more than just GM? Because I would like to know if there is a guest needing help in electronics if I'm the only leader in the building.

What if there is a guest standing in Toys at the scanner right down the aisle from electronics. Electronics won't get the alert then and wouldn'tknow of a guest needing help?

What about my Hardlines GM covering a break in electronics while electronics goes to lunch. They don't get the electronics alerts because they are GM?

This seems like a pile of guest complaints waiting to happen. I see this idea working IF both A) EVERY team member gets alerted about ANY call box AND B) the alerts have an automatic sound associated to them like how Drive Ups do.

Last edited:
I believe this information is in the Q2 SP in the Front of Store section under Q2 initiatives if you want to read it verbatim for yourself.

For any of the stores that have them, do you guys also have the elo screens on the Electronics home security island? Trying to figure out if we are a guinea pig store or not.

For any of the stores that have them, do you guys also have the elo screens on the Electronics home security island? Trying to figure out if we are a guinea pig store or not.
They just installed those elo screens on all our registers.

How will this work for leaders? Will, say, the GM leader be able to get alerts for more than just GM? Because I would like to know if there is a guest needing help in electronics if I'm the only leader in the building.

What if there is a guest standing in Toys at the scanner right down the aisle from electronics. Electronics won't get the alert then and wouldn'tknow of a guest needing help?

What about my Hardlines GM covering a break in electronics while electronics goes to lunch. They don't get the electronics alerts because they are GM?

This seems like a pile of guest complaints waiting to happen. I see this idea working IF both A) EVERY team member gets alerted about ANY call box AND B) the alerts have an automatic sound associated to them like how Drive Ups do.

Assumption: If you're keyed as a TL, you may have access to a Leader-on-duty type option. It's the available option now in My Alerts. Personally, I hope there's just a toggle screen to get specific alerts, not all alerts. I don't handle anything for receiving, but I get a billion alerts for all the Recall notices daily when signed into the LOD alert screen.

Back