2019 Year in Review

ThreeCreeks

Fulfillment TL
How was 2019 to your store? What will you remember from 2019

We started off the year with a massive 6 month remodel.

Modernization came along. Positions were eliminated and created. Titles changed. Gone are LOD and STL. Here are Point Person and SD.

PDAs finally went to CRC

OPUs went from 30 minutes to an hour (thank you powers that be!)

In a 3 week span we lost 2 TMs. One to suicide. The other to an accident.

One TL quit. Another two were fired for AP related offenses. Two ETLs “quit” and were forced out.

I don’t always enjoy going to work but y’all are my family.

Cheers to 2019 and good vibes for 2020

How was 2019 to your store? What will you remember from 2019

We started off the year with a massive 6 month remodel.

Modernization came along. Positions were eliminated and created. Titles changed. Gone are LOD and STL. Here are Point Person and SD.

PDAs finally went to CRC

OPUs went from 30 minutes to an hour (thank you powers that be!)

In a 3 week span we lost 2 TMs. One to suicide. The other to an accident.

One TL quit. Another two were fired for AP related offenses. Two ETLs “quit” and were forced out.

I don’t always enjoy going to work but y’all are my family.

Cheers to 2019 and good vibes for 2020
I was transferred to two stores in less than 10 months

Went from being the signing TM and running Plano to just coming in and doing what I'm tasked with for the day. It's not how I thought 2019 would be, but it's also not as horrible as others find it. Lost a lot of TMs to quitting and some days we can barely tread water to keep ourselves afloat, but we forge ahead & do the best we can and keep the laughter flowing for our sanity.

2019=modernization hit us HARD
98% change in leadership, HUGE exodus of good team members, worst batch of seasonals ever.
Missing leadership has made it, and still makes it, harder than it should be for all as we try to share the extra work and pick up the slack.

The worst part was the SECRECY and the SUDDEN and immediate changes. Nothing was “rolled out” or ”eased into” or forewarned or prepared for.
Only: TODAY there is no price change team - do your own.
WHAT ?
You say you don’t know how ?
You say you don’t have time ?
Well, it will be a write up if it’s not cleared by Friday....figure it out.
And no, we DON’T have time to train you, work with with you and no one else is available to help in any way.
By the way, find time to do 6 SPL.
Complaints were met with “can’t hack it - leave”
’faking it’ was widespread

i predict 2020 inventory is going to be HUGE in shortage .

2019=modernization hit us HARD
98% change in leadership, HUGE exodus of good team members, worst batch of seasonals ever.
Missing leadership has made it, and still makes it, harder than it should be for all as we try to share the extra work and pick up the slack.

The worst part was the SECRECY and the SUDDEN and immediate changes. Nothing was “rolled out” or ”eased into” or forewarned or prepared for.
Only: TODAY there is no price change team - do your own.
WHAT ?
You say you don’t know how ?
You say you don’t have time ?
Well, it will be a write up if it’s not cleared by Friday....figure it out.
And no, we DON’T have time to train you, work with with you and no one else is available to help in any way.
By the way, find time to do 6 SPL.
Complaints were met with “can’t hack it - leave”
’faking it’ was widespread

i predict 2020 inventory is going to be HUGE in shortage .
Modernization = half assing
Half ass your push
Half ass your backstock
Half ass your audit
Half ass your price change
After that, you can just fake tie your SPLs
Every one is happy cause they need/have something they can “speak to”

Got a new Style TL. Pluses and minuses.

Had issues with Style team - most are very young and do a lot of socializing. SD, TL, and HR worked to correct - getting there. We work together better, and DBOs are getting the hang of things after a very bumpy start.

New SD - they're ok. Prefer this one to the last.

Seasonals - this year's crop was less intrusive than last year's, but really only one keeper. Gotta love the ones who come in with attitude and start questioning things right off the bat. Stay in your lane newb!

This holiday season has been much smoother and the store looks much better than last year - the worst is yet to come, I know, but we are ahead of the game so fingers crossed!

Happy Holidays everyone! 🎅🎄 🔯 🕎

I'm happy with my department and most of my store. I promoted to TL last year in Jan/Feb and most of modernization was changes I wanted anyways, at least for my team.

Of my seasonals, we're letting three go and keeping three. The three we are keeping are fantastic.

Modernization = half assing
Half ass your push
Half ass your backstock
Half ass your audit
Half ass your price change
After that, you can just fake tie your SPLs
Every one is happy cause they need/have something they can “speak to”

I think half my ass fell off just trying keep up with the hustle of fixing the half ass work behind everyone else! 🤣

First half was chaotic, major changes, hours cut, guy who was my inbound ETL for 3 and a half years was moved to front end. We got new equipment that was worse than the old. Backroom team was cut and everyone who stocked had to back stock their own shit.
Second half I wouldn’t know as I left in July and never looked back lol

That's the point. If you are fired or laid off, you left on their terms, they set the timeframe. If you quit at a time that's right for you, you set the terms of the right time to divorce the job and they are just going to have to deal with the unexpected hole you once filled.

Oof. Let’s see.

Major leadership change: the SD AND ETL-HR pretty much killed morale.

got a terrible review, told no more GSAs but still used like one while making the same as a cashier, GSTL gets arrested, asks to be considered for that position, external hire fills in the spot and turns out to be incompetent as fuck, gets micromanaged even though I run circles around the new GSTLs, decides I’m sick of the shit and need to dip before 4, starts job hunting, calls out for interviews and mental health days, gets an offer in November and leaves just before Black Friday.

And what do you know? I get promoted in 5 weeks at my new job. Fancy that, Target was holding out on me.

I just visited the Target this past weekend and some coworkers told me it’s getting worse, a few said I need to come back and MANY said they’re looking to be out after Q4.

Back