2020 Modernization Guide

Any idea about HR changes? They’ve delayed the mod rollout but I’ve heard changes to the HRTL role / elimination of the HRTL role.

We're getting close to that territory.
Trucks every night, doubles several nights a week.
Doubles is nothing new since we get 4 a week . Triples is usually during q4. But the fact that I’m not back to overnight pisses me off more than the doubles and triples lol

Amen. Stocking stores during the day isn't the "joy" of anyone's everyday life. Pulls, salesplanners, price change, all fine and dandy. But make us all overnight flow process again, this experiment has lasted long enough.
You mean you have product to stock. Our produce load for yesterday was cut in half and today's was canceled. Just wondering if we will get a Wednesday load and how much it will be. We need the product to change out of front-door-fresh-display for the new ad that starts then.

SmartSelect_20200405-122107_Pixlr.jpg

I was told that coronavirus hit the company so hard and its virtually hard to stock the shelves back to the way they were that Target threw modernization in the trash. There's talks of going back to overnight stocking and some districts will already start doing this. The dayside team will still do price change, pogs, 1v1s, and EXF batches.

I would understand tweaking the original modernization plans because the requirements were so hard to meet anyway but after 5 years of trying to change things - and all the lost experience - I would find it hard to believe it would be completely scrapped and a full return to ’the good old days’.

Modernization did have a few positive aspects....
mainly i preferred that one ‘team’ couldn’t make the job harder for the next ‘team’ by not doing the job correctly, since the DBO is ‘all the teams’ .
remember when flow would over push and salesfloor would backstock reshop instead of push and Instocks would fudge true numbers and pricing would fake that they ticketed everything and planogram would not fill a new pog ?
Any DBO that does any of that now is only hurting themselves, NOT the next team that works in that area.

I would understand tweaking the original modernization plans because the requirements were so hard to meet anyway but after 5 years of trying to change things - and all the lost experience - I would find it hard to believe it would be completely scrapped and a full return to ’the good old days’.

Modernization did have a few positive aspects....
mainly i preferred that one ‘team’ couldn’t make the job harder for the next ‘team’ by not doing the job correctly, since the DBO is ‘all the teams’ .
remember when flow would over push and salesfloor would backstock reshop instead of push and Instocks would fudge true numbers and pricing would fake that they ticketed everything and planogram would not fill a new pog ?
Any DBO that does any of that now is only hurting themselves, NOT the next team that works in that area.

Many of these things are still happening even with DBOs. Lack of proper training is causing many of them to overstock their own areas because they don't want to backstock (and without updating floor counts!), lack of hours is causing brla to tank because none of them have time to do price change let alone pull it out of the backroom and none of them seem to understand how to properly backstock....anything. I am a presentation expert and I have spent so much time fixing errors in the areas where I am working it's ridiculous! I teach where I can and try to explain the WHYs but they just don't seem to get it or care, sometimes both.

Last edited:
Yes, it completely depends on the DBO, some are good, some are bad.

Also, pre-catastrophe, the hours were cut and some DBOs were only scheduled 2-3 days in their area for four or five hours. I picked up extra shifts in other areas and their backstock was a mess. One department, I pulled a three-tier full of salvage and final markdowns out of the back room.

Most times, processes are only as good or bad as the people performing them.

Back