2020 reviews

I know my store they are going to be bad. I have a really shitty TL so not expecting much if anything.

I know my store they are going to be bad. I have a really shitty TL so not expecting much if anything.
This really doesn’t matter. Unless the entire upper leadership team is crappy. Just because your team lead sucks or doesn’t like you doesn’t mean they can give you a bad review and score. The score they choose to give you has to be approved by the ETL and HR as well. Also since there are only 3 levels, this is how it goes at my store. ASANTS. Lowest score is only if you have corrective action/coaching. Highest score is only if you’ve really gone above and beyond. Therefore everyone else gets the middle score.

Back when we had 1-5 I was slated for a 4 at the Leadership meeting. My Leader gave me a 3 and overrode my raise down to 1.7%. She was the ETL HR too. Sometimes Leadership just fucking sucks.

But here we are 4 years later and I still have my job. Just looked her up not too long ago and she’s no longer with the company. Normally I’d quip something like guess who got the last laugh, but that answer has been changing by the minute lately lol.

No mention of annual reviews yet at my store. This might be a district-by-district situation, or just ASANTS.

I got mine yesterday. And I’ll be giving my team their reviews starting next week . I only have 25 team members lol

I got mine yesterday. And I’ll be giving my team their reviews starting next week . I only have 25 team members lol
Etls got theirs monday, VM has hers, not sure if other TLs have theirs yet. I have to deliver all of specialty but that amounts to about 22 because so many are new.

Reviews will be given on time.
My question is, "How are we supposed to practice Social Distancing while delivering/receiving reviews?" Everyone use the conference room? That's the only place I am aware of that you can practice 6ft of Social Distancing. I'm curious to know how this will play out.

I was hired as a seasonal TM last November and then became permanent in January. Will I get a review too? Am I eligible for a raise?

I was hired as a seasonal TM last November and then became permanent in January. Will I get a review too? Am I eligible for a raise?
One amusing aspect about companies like Target is they use the term "permanent employee" to describe your status, even though your status is actually "employment at will". The only really permanent jobs you can obtain in the USA are Federal judgeships. The US Constitution guarantees Federal judges can remain on the bench for life.

Who does the review if my ETL previously no longer works at the store? Or is it all TL inputs combined?

Back