• Oh Hail No!

• EasyPeasy!

• I Don't Close, LOL

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
I know this thread will only apply to a select few, but what the hay.

How many of you cafe closers are strictly held to this?

I'll have more to say about this if I get any responses.

Right off, I'll say it takes me at least 40, even with a good pre-close.

Thoughts?

We do a lot of pre-close prep & usually get out 15-20 min.
If we're slammed up to closing, more like 20-25.
Most evenings we'll slow down so we start tearing down the make table as soon as the last of the pizzas are prepped.

Normally takes me and my good team members about 15-20 minutes. The others take a little over 30 (some a little over 40) and I can't understand it. I want to watch them close lol.

Right but Steritech isn't going to be meticulous about very many things that are done after close. Sure, there are a few things that need to be turned off to clean, but most things (that Steritech will tear you apart for) can be done while the store is open.

I just closed tonight, got done at 8:15. Breadstick sauce warmer was done around 6. Popcorn was prebagged and the machine was cleaned by about 6:30. Hot dogs were prebunned/wrapped (and placed in the bottom where the buns are kept warm) and the grill was clean by around 7. Smoothie tray (that catches the drips and stuff) only takes a second, cleaned next. The oven, cutting area, and all utensils were clean and reset by about 7:45. Drains cleaned next. QMOS. Then the pretzel warmer cleaned just before 8.

Lights off at 8. Spend a couple minutes cleaning the soda nozzles. Toss hot dogs and popcorn. Take cardboard to the back. Double check that everything is done.

We don't roll like that AT ALL.

Pre-bagged popcorn???

Last edited:
Yes, pre-bagged popcorn. And pre-bunned/wrapped hot dogs, in case you missed that, too. That's how to get out in time. Although I could still get out in a little under 30 minutes even when I used to wait to do the popcorn, hot dogs, and pretzels until after closing. Doing them early allows you to get out early, although it probably ends up wasting time (it takes longer to bag it all than it does to just dump it, so I'm spending 10 minutes now to save 5 minutes later, or something like that).

We don't roll like that AT ALL.
Really?
Our closers do much of what Xanatos listed including filling up marinara sauces enough for the remaining pans of breadsticks (we run about 12-14 pans ea day) to put in the warmer before cleaning the sauce bucket, wrapping the hotdogs & bagging up popcorn.
At closing, dumping any uncooked pizzas (110 pans prepped/day), finishing with pans & utensils.

Last edited:
Yes, pre-bagged popcorn. And pre-bunned/wrapped hot dogs, in case you missed that, too. That's how to get out in time. Although I could still get out in a little under 30 minutes even when I used to wait to do the popcorn, hot dogs, and pretzels until after closing. Doing them early allows you to get out early, although it probably ends up wasting time (it takes longer to bag it all than it does to just dump it, so I'm spending 10 minutes now to save 5 minutes later, or something like that).

I actually like the hot dogs. Do they remain at a food safe temp sitting in the warming drawer? If I saw a pre wrapped dog coming out of the drawer, I would refuse it.

I've already had to talk to FA TL about a TM not changing gloves after handling money, but before touching food.

I actually like the hot dogs. Do they remain at a food safe temp sitting in the warming drawer? If I saw a pre wrapped dog coming out of the drawer, I would refuse it.
Surprisingly, yes! That was my main concern when I saw a team member doing it. I had him temp it and it was safe. Then when I was closing I tried it. Temped them before wrapping and after being wrapped for an hour and they had only dropped a couple degrees. The bun is already warm and does a pretty good job of insulating it, then add the foil as another layer of insulation, plus the fact that we do keep them sitting in the drawer where the buns are kept warm so it's still in an environment that is way above room temp. Plus we generally keep the dogs a little above 150* when they're on the grill, just to guarantee that they never get near the minimum of 140*.

I like the hotdogs better when they've been wrapped in the warmer.
Reminds me of the ones at the ballpark :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back