$500 bonus

Price gouging? Maybe on Ebay but I don't think Target did any price-gouging.

I will take all the money they want to give me.

To be honest, I'd rather receive a boost in payroll than a $500 bonus that will end up getting taxed almost 50%.

I wont say price gouging but the disposable surgical mask went up like 1000000% percent once Covid became a think. I remember buying like 50 for a few dollars at home depot couple years ago. Now its like what $15 ish for 50?

To be honest, I'd rather receive a boost in payroll than a $500 bonus that will end up getting taxed almost 50%.

Again, this is not true. Bonuses are WITHHELD at a higher rate, but not taxed a higher rate. Because payroll departments can't know where that bonus will put you on the tax scale, they withhold at the highest rate. You will get the difference back in your tax return.

I'm very grateful for the bonus. Walmart gave their employees one in December, I figured we'd see it eventually. It's nice to get at the end of January, which is the toughest month of the year. We're all exhausted from the holiday season, and have no payroll to get anything done..

We've been through a lot. Covid diagnoses and scares, endless OT, and price gouging on essential products. Target employees will be receiving a $500 bonus. Thoughts?

At least it won't be taken out of your tax rebate (if you are going to get one and you make over a certain amount) like the government stimulus money.

Back