Archived 6 sigma or lean

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
has anyone heard of a course or certificate / endorsement Called 6 sigma or lean? I’m being groomed to become an om in. The dc and I’ve heard a few of the om and senior om say they went through the course and are either a green or black belt in “lean” ( no not martial arts related ) one om told me it’s something I should definitely look into as I haven’t completed my degree yet Below is the link on it
Six Sigma Certification - http://www.6sigmastudy.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwj8bPBRBiEiwASlFLFQ6W3ykYo1W3nQJg-FvJt-C5Hkj9Dbd0Y3NqvdVF8CryzGHPsk3rfRoCEJoQAvD_BwE

Six sigma seems more in line with what target is set up to do. Green belt is probably a solid win. Black belt is intense, but could A) get you moved up in a hurry and B) lends well to moving outside of Target.

It's a big thing with my company, too. Several HR and DC people are certified. I am looking into it, too.

It's called Lean Six Sigma. It has to do with business processes. I've seen it in action. I'd rather take a person with a solid history of that than a person without said documentation. I would prefer a solid record of performance.

Well I already have the track record with over 16 years in retail, about 13 being in management and 5 with the company . Just trying to improve and strengthen the credentials and resume even more so anything I can do to make myself look more marketable for promotion

Spoke to hr and they greatly encouraged me to take the course and I’m waiting to hear back if it will be covered under the tuition reimbursement or not , our hrbp has a good idea that it would be

Just be advised - the course itself will NOT get you any certification. You must complete a project/process using their guidelines.....

Just be advised - the course itself will NOT get you any certification. You must complete a project/process using their guidelines.....
Actually the first belt requires no project just an exam. The black belt is what requires a project, I’ve since partnered with me senior and hrbp concerning it and hr is looking to see if it qualifies for tuition reimbursement or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back