Archived A backroom daydream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how I wish I could design my backroom.... With a secret hallway tunnel for Fdc team and produce to drag their pallets from receiving through the chem and grocery stockrooms and not disturb the tm pulling who has to move her flat and hide in an aisle for them to pass.... A similar tunnel not fully enclosed, next to the Bayler to line up the cages of cardboard .....
Clear wacos so you can easily spot empty spaces to sto..... A hot coco dispenser next to the freezers for tm's delight.....
Those airport like waking conveyor belt things to glide you from room to room.... That double as pallet movers to take back stock from behind the line.....

A backroom dog to hang out in receiving and keep us all company.......

Oh how I wish I could design my backroom.... With a secret hallway tunnel for Fdc team and produce to drag their pallets from receiving through the chem and grocery stockrooms and not disturb the tm pulling who has to move her flat and hide in an aisle for them to pass.... A similar tunnel not fully enclosed, next to the Bayler to line up the cages of cardboard .....
Clear wacos so you can easily spot empty spaces to sto..... A hot coco dispenser next to the freezers for tm's delight.....
Those airport like waking conveyor belt things to glide you from room to room.... That double as pallet movers to take back stock from behind the line.....

A backroom dog to hang out in receiving and keep us all company.......

...poles set up for the exotic dancers, a wall of big screen TVs so you never have to miss any game, a Whack-a-Mole game where your TLs and ETLs pop up out of the little holes...

...poles set up for the exotic dancers, a wall of big screen TVs so you never have to miss any game, a Whack-a-Mole game where your TLs and ETLs pop up out of the little holes...

In my desk in the TL Office I have a small punching bag suction cupped to my desk that another Lead brought in so that when I'm feeling stressed I can give it a nice punch, or several. In the BR I would like to have a rope swing or Zip Line to get from 1 side to the next nice and quickly while having fun.

I have a market stockroom :senile:

I always read about these tech companies who design the workspaces to be bright & fun to keep their employees happy & productive.
If only spot could envision that.
Imagine if TMs, TLs, ETLs, etc COULD be FFF in a productive, happy environment.
Imagine.

I want an underground tunnel that goes from our main backroom to our satellite stockrooms so that we can avoid the floor entirely when having to go from stockroom to stockroom to pull batches.

i wish there were trapdoors back in tsc that are activated by hitting startwork rapidly 3 times. This way I could make ETL's disappear when I caught them back there.

I'm just waiting for them to invent transporters to move us from stockroom to stockroom.....I always get called for something in the the back corner of one stockroom when I'm usually in the other corner of the other stockroom......or stocking toys when electronics needs me to check on a TV.....I wore my pedometer out after a couple weeks.....

My wish is that someone will invent a baler that anyone can use. At the front would be a large opening to throw the cardboard and it automatically crushes when it reaches a certain level. When it is full a gate guards the opening and automatically makes a bale and then spits it out onto a caged pallet. At that time the only thing a backroom TM would need to do is remove the bale from the cage and stage it on the dock.
And a puppy like shock collar that would go off on team members that stand in the back talking while the backroom team members are working their buns off. It would also shock anyone if they fail to return flats and tubs to the appropriate place or if they leave their garbage in the tubs.

I completely forget my #1 biggest backroom daydream. Salesfloor coming to the backroom to push CAF everyday, instead of us. 2 backroom closers each day vs 10-12+ salesfloor closers each day; let's do the math here....

And +1 to the post above with the baler, tubs, and flatbeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back