Archived A Peculiar Pickle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. This is actually pretty boring.

Long time listener, first time caller here. I've been working at Target for five months now, but after an angry night of impulsively applying to jobs I actually happened to land one at a grocer that's 1. union, 2. offers benefits, 3. pays more, and 4. pays you 30 cents more on weekends. It would feel stupid not to take it and I am with full intention going to take the job. That being said, I really love Target and do not want to leave. I must have accidentally sipped on some Kool-Aid because despite some of my misgivings I really appreciate what this store has done for me and I'm kind of sentimental about it. While my new job is part time as well, they're demanding open availability of me and are appearing to make it very difficult for me to do both jobs at the same time.

With that in mind, unless anyone here can share how they've managed to wing two jobs (which would honestly be helpful for me atm as I'm saving up for grad school and a move across the country), I am probably giving my two weeks. I've seen people in this subforum talk about re-hireable status. Is that just as simple as working through your two weeks? Or is there more that is involved in a situation like that? I would really like to keep on good terms with Target so that when my relationship with my future employer is stronger, more stable, I might be able to take on some hours at Target again.

I guess I'm kind of rambling but I just want some advice on how I can put Target on hold, so to speak, rather than completely close this chapter of my life here. I had a really nightmare job change a few years back and the process of switching companies also just really stresses me out so maybe I just want some reassurance about the decision I'm making too lol.

This OP is a mess but so am I. I'll see myself out now.

I've seen people in this subforum talk about re-hireable status. Is that just as simple as working through your two weeks? Or is there more that is involved in a situation like that?

Ever since the launch of Workday, Target has tasked your ETL with submitting the e-form to terminate your employment (unless you indicated when resigning on Workday that you are leaving because of reasons related to your supervisors in which case your HR will do it). Your ETL will be the one who will mark your rehirability status so it depends on how they felt about you.

Congrats on finding a job with so many pluses. Target is experiencing a lot of turbulence right now so a move is probably a good idea. That said as long as you work your two weeks and don’t get written up you should be fine.

Can you get written up during two weeks ? I tried to. E2e had started. I bucked the system and didn’t want my tl penalized. I begged him to write me up because he had more to lose and I had been insubordinate. (A non bowling issue.) So don’t catch Two Week Fever and do something silly.
Also I hated the fact that my tl got blamed for my aisles. They were mine. Talk.To.Me.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I think I needed some perspective because I really do love my team leads, who have been really helpful and nice, and I just have a lot of gratitude for my store. I've been emo all week realizing I'll probably have to give my two weeks lol. I'd really like to keep both jobs, but I'm scared of asking my future employer and starting on the wrong foot with them. Hopefully once I'm there for a while and my schedule becomes more set in stone I can come back to Target though. I gotta say it will be real nice not having to try and sell a red card again, though. Good god.

I'm sorry if I sound really insane right now lol. I get really extra when I have to make decisions like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back