A Random Thread

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
This whole studying to pass a college accuplacer thing has got me seriously bored.
I know none of this will be in my degree so I'm basically studying just to pass a big math test to see if I can do Business and Administration lol. I've been thinking there's a lot more I can do with my time and $13,000 but in my area everyone is a traditionalist and likes college and experience.

So, here's to STUDENT DEBT FOR RESUME MATERIAL.

I hate that I’m a grown, rent paying, tax paying adult and I still have to sneak out of my own house

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
I was bored so I drew up a list of all the injuries I’ve had ranked by pain intensity:

As a kid about 10, scraping most of the skin off my knee/gouging it with gravel after falling off my bike, then getting an infection: 20-30

Was fucking with a trash fire around age 12 that my dad built, lit with gasoline and threw a bunch of plastic in, so there was a pool of molten plastic lava on the ground which I stepped in barefoot, pain rating: 100

Sliced the quick under my thumbnail on the sharp edge of a corn leaf, I screamed like a bitch that day: 1,000

Triple wisdom tooth abscess + gum infection: 1,000,000

Haven’t broken a bone yet but I assume that’s probably the only thing that can come close to the searing, white hot pain of an infected tooth. That was three years ago and I’m still shook to this day. I just had my wisdom teeth pulled and even without Oxy that hurt considerably less than the abscesses did.

I’ve never broken a bone or had any bad injuries, the worst I’ve ever done was I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle but that only hurt for like a week. The worst pain I ever experienced was when I was maybe 14 I was taking birth control back to back so I wouldn’t have a period and then I stopped it after about 6 months so I could have a period and those cramps were the worst thing I’ve ever felt, literally just laid on the couch screaming/crying/puking for about 2 days. I now take 21 pills and then have a period every single month just to avoid ever having that pain again lol

Edit: I forgot one time when I was 11 I got out of my mom’s pickup truck and accidentally closed the door on my thumb and the door locked when it closed, and my mom had to physically unlock the drivers side door with the key to unlock my door so I could open it and get my thumb out, it happened in a Mexican food parking lot and I was just standing there screaming waiting for her to unlock the door lmao. I somehow didn’t break it but my nail turned black and i had to go to urgent care so they could drill a hole in my nail to release the pressure (that hurt like a bitch, I almost passed out) and I ended up losing my thumb nail.

Pale

Half sweet, Half savory, Completely sexy.
Life is fun, I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I'm showing signs of going deaf.

Life is fun, I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I'm showing signs of going deaf.
Deaf? Or progressive hearing loss?

Figure out which ear hears better and turn your head slightly to put it closer to the noise source when you are having difficulty hearing it. Closed caption is great, because a lot of shows would be easy to hear with the volume up but the background noise/music make it "wah wah wah"; plus your household will love keeping the volume lower. Don't try to hide it like old folks do by talking all the time, just flat out say "I can't hear you, speak up". Don't be afraid to give into frustration from time to time and tell people to quit the goddamned mumbling. Ask people to enunciate if the words are just blurring together. Don't bother to try and hear from a distance, move closer. And above all, flat out say "I have some hearing loss, can you -----" because most people will adjust their speech.

I hear there are smartphone apps that work with earbuds to help with hearing but I haven't tried them.

soyaxo

Human Bean
I want to move back to my hometown. I have a lot more family there. I don't necessarily want to move to the town that I was born in, but maybe an area that's like an hour away from my family would be ideal. I feel like it'd be great to just work somewhere there, and spend more time with the rest of my family. I feel bad because I have my mom, stepdad, grandma, and sister all here, but they're the only family I really have here. I even had one of my childhood friends recently move back home, but I have to figure everything out first (House, car, etc.) before I make my final decision.

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
“Get some sunscreen you’re staying late today.” Excerpt from Target tl short story
I hired a vampire
Go...

Reason #37 why a desktop is better than a laptop.

I spilled soda on my keyboard. No damage done at all. When the sticky keys got on my nerves, a screwdriver and hot water solved it.

I have an idea for a product that I could create a business around. I asked Google about such a product in several ways and I can't find where someone else is already churning the thing out. I did an Amazon search, again no hits.

However setup and creation of initial inventory is far, far more money than I can manage. So my idea is stillborn, and someone else will have to think of it if it is ever to be made.