A Random Thread

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Every time we've moved, we threw a trash bag over the tall CD tower holding our computer games/some other software so the cases wouldn't fall out.

Today I decided to take the CDs out and put them in long-term storage and repurpose the tower into a figurine display for the kid.

I honestly did not realize we've been lugging around the CD tower (and these two games) this long. And there's a good 75-80 more.

8040 8041

Last edited:

TTGOz

Suitable
Every time we've moved, we threw a trash bag over the tall CD tower holding our computer games/some other software so the cases wouldn't fall out.

Today I decided to take the CDs out and put them in long-term storage and repurpose the tower into a figurine display for the kid.

I honestly did not realize we've been lugging around the CD tower (and these two games) this long. And there's a good 75-80 more.

View attachment 8040View attachment 8041
what a fricken classic(to me)
Grew up on Warcraft 2 and StarCraft

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
There's a bunch I'd love to play again, and some I cannot find on gog.com. I know of DosBox, though I have no idea how to set it up, but what about the early Windows games? The later ones, I know I can use compatibility mode, but one game I want to try and play was released shortly after Win 95, it was the first game I bought that couldn't play on Win 3.1/DOS.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Okay, things have gone from creepy to scary.

I was pricing plane tickets on a discount site similar to Kayak, one of the rates I was considering was Trivago, and right then a Trivago commercial came on TV. A couple hours later I was making a room selection on Hotels.com when a Hotels.com commercial came on.

Filling my homepage news article suggestions with things I talk about is bad enough. But TV commercials right when I using the sites? Freaky scary.

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Okay, things have gone from creepy to scary.

I was pricing plane tickets on a discount site similar to Kayak, one of the rates I was considering was Trivago, and right then a Trivago commercial came on TV. A couple hours later I was making a room selection on Hotels.com when a Hotels.com commercial came on.

Filling my homepage news article suggestions with things I talk about is bad enough. But TV commercials right when I using the sites? Freaky scary.
I’ve seen a lot of travel commercials lately. I think it’s coincidental— you’re noticing them because you just used their sites. Baader–Meinhof effect - Wikipedia - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baader–Meinhof_effect

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Yeah, has to be. It was just weird timing, that I was actually getting plane tickets and right about to decide which site from a list to book the tickets through when the trivago commercial played, and literally clicking on the "select room" link when the hotels.com commercial played.

smashandthrash

Former store LOG and Inbound/Receiving DC TM
I didn’t plan on it, but I guess I will be seeing Slayer one last time.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader

Cupholders

Im so funny I forgot to laugh
Sometimes I wish I would be more experimental and deviate and meet a few different girls.

but most of the time I'm thankful I haven't due to this. I'm not sure how bad I'd struggle with it, with me being an extremely laid-back character that generally just doesn't hang on the bad moments in life as much. I'm only 20 though so maybe life will hit me and I'll find out I'm a lot different 😂
Exactly, you're only 20. 😂😅
what a fricken classic(to me)
Grew up on Warcraft 2 and StarCraft
Who knew it would take years until I appreciated the Bill Nye shows. I got the VHS copy from my older sister 5 years ago, but i never actually used it until yesterday.

I didn’t plan on it, but I guess I will be seeing Slayer one last time.
At least we hope so👍

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
I decided to try one of those old games. And I just noticed my expensive gaming computer doesn't have something as basic as a CD drive. Seriously? And it looks like I might not be able to install one.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Yeah, luckily my husband has one because his laptop doesn't have one, and that seems to be more and more common. But I have a desktop that has enough room in it to install a second hard drive and a second SSD drive, and room for when video cards and CPUs need even larger fans. Space wise, there was no need to cheap out and not put in a CD drive in the existing dimensions. Simply turning the hard drive locations 90 degrees would have given the room.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! 😱

My husband hates leftovers, so food for him when no one is home to cook or had a long day and doesn't feel like cooking has always been an issues and there's pizza delivery a lot more than is really good for his diabetes or bank account. I've tried pre-cooking and it's always been a dismal failure.

Now I found trays that are perfectly shaped for heating, and I said that since I'm off today I'm going to pre-cook. How hard can it be?

It took me two hours and two stores just to get the stuff. I'm now going on four hours of cooking. All the porkchops are done, 5 different flavors, the steaks are done, the italian link sausage is finally done, but the only chicken dish done is diced chicken in rice a roni. I've got instant mashed potatoes, I found some au gratin potatoes in the fridge, but roasted potatoes aren't done yet. Nor is the teriyaki chicken. I dropped half the ground beef, so no spaghetti and tacos, just tacos, and that's just barely started. The fish I started thawing for both baked fish and fried fish is still sitting sealed in the fridge. I've got two rices (not counting the chicken rice a roni), I should make a third. I don't have anything assembled yet.

Why is this so hard?

Edit: I forgot, also need to make scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage, corned beef casserole, and since I found some shrimp in the back of the freezer I was thinking about making something with that too. My dishwasher is still running yet my sink is already overflowing with dirty dishes and I'm having to put jars and cans on the floor because I've run out of room, forget getting to the microwave, and I can't remember which timer is for which food.

Last edited:

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! 😱

My husband hates leftovers, so food for him when no one is home to cook or had a long day and doesn't feel like cooking has always been an issues and there's pizza delivery a lot more than is really good for his diabetes or bank account. I've tried pre-cooking and it's always been a dismal failure.

Now I found trays that are perfectly shaped for heating, and I said that since I'm off today I'm going to pre-cook. How hard can it be?

It took me two hours and two stores just to get the stuff. I'm now going on four hours of cooking. All the porkchops are done, 5 different flavors, the steaks are done, the italian link sausage is finally done, but the only chicken dish done is diced chicken in rice a roni. I've got instant mashed potatoes, I found some au gratin potatoes in the fridge, but roasted potatoes aren't done yet. Nor is the teriyaki chicken. I dropped half the ground beef, so no spaghetti and tacos, just tacos, and that's just barely started. The fish I started thawing for both baked fish and fried fish is still sitting sealed in the fridge. I've got two rices (not counting the chicken rice a roni), I should make a third. I don't have anything assembled yet.

Why is this so hard?

Edit: I forgot, also need to make scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage, corned beef casserole, and since I found some shrimp in the back of the freezer I was thinking about making something with that too. My dishwasher is still running yet my sink is already overflowing with dirty dishes and I'm having to put jars and cans on the floor because I've run out of room, forget getting to the microwave, and I can't remember which timer is for which food.
I feel for you, my father has diabetes (along with heart disease, high blood pressure, and kidney disease just to round it out lol) and I try to cook as much as I can so he doesn't resort to convenience food (even though that's what he wants to eat). I just bought him a new mini fridge that I'll try to keep stocked with healthy food, but we'll see what he really keeps in it lol.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
It took me two hours and two stores just to get the stuff. I'm now going on four hours of cooking.
Dayum, wish I could come to YOUR house for dinner :D
I spend my days off doing meal prep; anything from spaghetti meat sauce, taco-seasoned hamburger, chicken diced & marinated in a ginger sauce for stir-fry, tilapia fillets, pork loin cut into boneless chops dipped in panko breadcrumbs, etc.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I do kind of the same thing.
With my twenty years of restaurant experience, do all my shopping at Costco, and own commercial level equipment, big batches are easy.
I will make 15 gallons of chicken noodle soup and then eat chicken soup for dinner every night until it runs out.
Then I will make 15 gallons of Chicken Parmesan or barbecue chicken, wash, rinse repeat.

This would probably only work for bachelors.

seasonaldude

Hitting All Items Scanned
I've got instant mashed potatoes,
Ewww. Gross. You had me until this. I was ready to propose you run away from your husband (I can cook for myself!) and move in with me, and then you laid this stinkbomb on me. Sorry, @Tessa120 but it's over between us. Instant mashed potatoes I cannot abide.

Cupholders

Im so funny I forgot to laugh
Its so easy to forget faces who meant a lot to you, especially since you see so many and have for so long. They make real impressions on every one and any one you may meet.
Time to take some of this here Advil and finally go to sleep, and wakeup feeling a lot better than earlier today.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Ewww. Gross. You had me until this. I was ready to propose you run away from your husband (I can cook for myself!) and move in with me, and then you laid this stinkbomb on me. Sorry, @Tessa120 but it's over between us. Instant mashed potatoes I cannot abide.
Usually I make homemade but it's such a pain and takes forever and the end time in the kitchen last night was 5 1/2 hours. The ex got the mixer in the divorce and there's always stuff higher priority to get so I have to use a hand masher. Hand masher, needless to say we don't have mashed potatoes or cake made at home a lot.