A Random Thread

Antennae

BROPU
:::looking at the rat's nest of wires behind my computer desk:::

Is it true you should not wrap or coil your computer wires because it will create a small electromagnet and the magnetism could damage the computer?
The only thing that would be damaged would probably be the ribbon cables, but you'd need a pretty big magnet to do that. Most cables now are safe.

If you have 20 amps coming out of your wall and the cables are 1 cm thick, you'd get a B-field of like 0.0004 Tesla if they're unshielded.

But just get some zipties and take care of it. It looks nicer.

The only thing that would be damaged would probably be the ribbon cables, but you'd need a pretty big magnet to do that. Most cables now are safe.

If you have 20 amps coming out of your wall and the cables are 1 cm thick, you'd get a B-field of like 0.0004 Tesla if they're unshielded.

But just get some zipties and take care of it. It looks nicer.
Yeah in the before time a little magnetism could easily mess up your computer or floppies. It is not as big of a problem nowadays as far as I know. Cable management is a great thing in general, but I always just end up letting it go. I don't want to deal with that shit if it does not effect my computer, but I am also naturally kind of messy.

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
so speaking of bugs has anyone ever seen one of those gigantic stick insects? They're usually like 6 inches long but they can get up to a foot and half and weigh every bit as much as an actual stick. Only seen one that big twice, once when I was a kid and again about 3 years ago. First time I grabbed it and casually handed it to my sister, and it took her about 8 seconds to realize it was a bug and she screamed in horror so loudly that it took an hour for the ringing in my ears to die down. Lmao. Definitely the largest insect in this area and probably even North America overall

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
so speaking of bugs has anyone ever seen one of those gigantic stick insects? They're usually like 6 inches long but they can get up to a foot and half and weigh every bit as much as an actual stick. Only seen one that big twice, once when I was a kid and again about 3 years ago. First time I grabbed it and casually handed it to my sister, and it took her about 8 seconds to realize it was a bug and she screamed in horror so loudly that it took an hour for the ringing in my ears to die down. Lmao. Definitely the largest insect in this area and probably even North America overall
They loved the bushes around my house before I had to cut them down. They look really funny when they have their mate attached to them. Down here in SoFla we have the stick bugs that shoot acid out of their backs as a defensive measure. I haven't had the displeasure of that happening, and it's been described as having "molten metal shot in your eye" yikes! 😱

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
They loved the bushes around my house before I had to cut them down. They look really funny when they have their mate attached to them. Down here in SoFla we have the stick bugs that shoot acid out of their backs as a defensive measure. I haven't had the displeasure of that happening, and it's been described as having "molten metal shot in your eye" yikes! 😱
fuck lmao that sounds like something from Australia

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
@Formina Sage
been wondering, how come my profile views count is so stupidly high compared to everybody elses'? I'm guessing it counts you viewing your own profile too because I click on mine like 100 times a day lol

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
That'd have me running, a body nearly an inch.

I ❤ my daughter. She fearlessly picks them up with a piece of paper and carries them outside and let's them loose. They are living creatures who feel pain and because of her they don't die needlessly and can live their lives eating insects and I don't have a panic attack from the scary thing.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
That's a good daughter. My sister tries to save bugs too. This poor guy is still on the floor because no one wants to pick him up at the moment, lol.

That’s my dad. I’ll be begging him to kill something and he’ll just pick it up with his hands and take it outside lol I’m like no because then it might come back 😭

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
Always fun to stop by the liquor store 10 minutes before they close only to discover I forgot my ID and I look 16 so RIP

The chick at the counter did let me buy Bang though. They had a whole cooler full of every energy drink available on the market, lol. yeet

Always fun to stop by the liquor store 10 minutes before they close only to discover I forgot my ID and I look 16 so RIP

The chick at the counter did let me buy Bang though. They had a whole cooler full of every energy drink available on the market, lol. yeet
That's ruff man. I never forget my ID... it's always in my wallet and I never forget my wallet, that is my lifeline to pay for shit. Some asshole at 7/11 asks me for ID every time I go there even though I have been going there for years. I think he hopes I will forget my ID at some point so he can refuse to sell me beer out of spite but I can easily say that will never happen, so get fucked 7/11 cashier.

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
Some phone scammers are forbidden to hang up which is why they get nasty once they know you know their deal, they need you to hang up. Amuse yourself, friends, family by not hanging up and asking loads of ridiculous questions. Do not say affirmatives like yeah, yes, ok etc. They claim you’ve agreed to something. Extra points for length of call, inclusion of movie quotes or psychoanalysis. Extra extra points for ridiculous stated names.
Phone scammers waste a lot of time and can cause a lot of misery- hand it back.