A Random Thread

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
I haven’t gotten the headquarters scam but if I did I’d read them a gift card number with one number missing then when they ask me to re read it, take out another number (all on an empty card ofc)
A good heads up. My post was about the credit card, IRS, Apple etc calls at home. I’ve gotten so many lately that it interferes with the batches of cookies I’m baking for the police who will put me in jail unless I send gift card numbers right away. Press one and let the games begin.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
A good heads up. My post was about the credit card, IRS, Apple etc calls at home. I’ve gotten so many lately that it interferes with the batches of cookies I’m baking for the police who will put me in jail unless I send gift card numbers right away. Press one and let the games begin.
Works just as well. Read a credit card number with one missing. “What do you mean? That’s my number!”

(Note: if you do this, use a fake CC number generator online, since leaving one number out of your real one can and probably will result in the scammer brute forcing the number)

seasonaldude

Hitting All Items Scanned
Some phone scammers are forbidden to hang up which is why they get nasty once they know you know their deal, they need you to hang up. Amuse yourself, friends, family by not hanging up and asking loads of ridiculous questions. Do not say affirmatives like yeah, yes, ok etc. They claim you’ve agreed to something. Extra points for length of call, inclusion of movie quotes or psychoanalysis. Extra extra points for ridiculous stated names.
Phone scammers waste a lot of time and can cause a lot of misery- hand it back.
The real fun is to antagonize them enough that they not only hang up you, but they have their manager call you back and bitch at you. Don't do this at work, but it's fun on your home phone. Start innocently and ask if their family knows what they do for a living. They'll say yes. Ask if it makes their Mom proud. They'll say yes. So then you start with Wow! your family must have no morals to be proud of a fucking scammer. I'll tell you what I can't give you my computer password, but I'll buy your little sister for $5. That's what a year's pay for you? Take it from there. You'll get them going.

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
Blandly confuse Indian and Pakistani. That can be incendiary.
For the record I have friends from both countries and I have respect for the cultures. It’s the scammers I don’t like and they’ve heaped plenty of anti American abuse on me.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
But......gotta ask for mercy. When it's legitimate sales calls, be nice. No sense in introducing negative vibes into your day by getting worked up and angry about it. Don't just hang up because they will call back later, they have to since they cannot officially read minds and must assume accidental disconnects. Just nicely ask to be taken off the call list. Remember email and texting too, since they can't officially read minds and need to use any methods not directly forbidden. And asking nicely early on means an early end to annoying sales calls.

Yetive

Servant of 2 Masters
If it makes you feel any better, the Great Depression was really the 1930s.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Still in bed, have to verify, but I thought the day the stock market crash was 1929.

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
Market anarchy sure is fun lol not
If we didn't have the Great Depression, the Nazis might not have had the economic and social circumstances to rise to power, which means Hitler would never become leader, and WWII may have not occurred or had altered belligerents. And that's not a world that I want to live in! 🙃

GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
Saw this down in a culvert while walking today. IMG_20190810_115151640~2.jpg

We haven't had these carts in about 3 months, so that gives you an idea of how long it's been there. And amusingly, the landscapers have clearly been using a weed whacker to trim the grass growing up through the side.

Well, someone hacked my Netflix account today and charged my account. Now I have to get my credit card replaced, ugh. It’s not all bad though, I got a free month of HD premium out of it lol.

Thankfully Chase has great customer service.

Last edited: