A Random Thread

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Fuck AT&T. Their technology delivery is good, their customer service is the equivalent of what is on the bottom of your shoe when a dog leaves a surprise in your yard.

I go into their store, sign up for cell phone and satellite at the same time. It's been three months. I've had three satellite bills. I still cannot view my phone bill, it says "your first bill isn't ready yet". I was told to wait until the billing cycle was complete, I was told to wait until the billing cycle, I finally found a sum by clicking a lot of links on the website, no bill, no itemization and it was nearly disconnect status, I yelled, I yelled some more, I was promised it was fixed and I would see it next cycle because it was combined with satellite...and today it still shows as not ready, but clicking all those links shows another (hopefully current) payment.

Edit: The last phone call, today, when the representative tried to talk me into paper billing because she couldn't figure out how to get my bill to show online and said that I just needed to wait until the billing cycle finished and it'd be available next cycle, first I told her that this is ridiculous and fix it, that I ought to be entitled to receive a bill in a manner that they already have set up, and she put me on hold to "see what she could find out" I started filling out a BBB complaint form. And when she got back on and tried to say again I just needed to wait until the billing cycle finished up and I would then have a bill available, I chewed her out while continuing to type one handed. And when I hit submit I told her I just filed a BBB complaint and I was done with the phone call since she was not offering resolution. Hopefully the BBB can put enough pressure on them that I will finally have access to my wireless bill through the online billing system, same as how I can see the last three billing statements for DirecTV.
Apparently filing a BBB complaint against AT&T gets you 8 phone calls in 2 days, including from the office of the AT&T president.

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
!

This is an interesting read related to your theory. It seems that there is at least a correlation between high IQ and depression rates.

If you'd rather not read the entire thing, here's an interesting tidbit: in this study, their results showed people with high intelligence to be nearly twice as likely to have anxiety than the national average (20% vs 10.9%) and almost 4 times as likely to have depressive disorders (24% vs 6.7%)
I honestly can't decide which is worse, being permanently doomed to never secure the bag but not giving a shit, or securing the bag but being unable to truly enjoy it

Another part of my confusion lies in the fact that schmoney is the most powerful antidepressant there is, at least when taken in massive doses

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
I'm minmaxed in the English language skill tree but good luck making money doing something a billion other people can also do

tholmes

Former Electronics TL
I honestly can't decide which is worse, being permanently doomed to never secure the bag but not giving a shit, or securing the bag but being unable to truly enjoy it

Another part of my confusion lies in the fact that schmoney is the most powerful antidepressant there is, at least when taken in massive doses
Well, money in super large amounts happens to also make life a hell of a lot easier. Unexpected expenses? No problem. Health insurance? Buy the best. The healthiest foods cost more? A minor expense. Want to try something new on a whim? Go for it, your bank account can handle it.

Go figure that the ultra wealthy are so happy, they have literally nothing to stress or worry about.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Day One of the Diet.

Breakfast was one of those Just Crack an Egg, made with two eggs.

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine tv dinner.

I'm starving, I've already blown through about 2/3 of my allowable calories with only those two things, I stupidly had a sugar free energy (caffeine) water flavor so my brain is convinced my blood sugar is in the basement (maybe it is, maybe it isn't, no meter) and it's only 4 in the afternoon.

I wonder if I'm going to make it to Day Two while still on the diet.

TTGOz

Suitable
Day One of the Diet.

Breakfast was one of those Just Crack an Egg, made with two eggs.

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine tv dinner.

I'm starving, I've already blown through about 2/3 of my allowable calories with only those two things, I stupidly had a sugar free energy (caffeine) water flavor so my brain is convinced my blood sugar is in the basement (maybe it is, maybe it isn't, no meter) and it's only 4 in the afternoon.

I wonder if I'm going to make it to Day Two while still on the diet.
I'd suggest putting in a lot of fiber with your meals to get you through the day. Rice, Beans, Spinach, any vegetable. With eggs, spinach goes really nice. Also chopped onions and peppers.

I was doing an omelette every morning for a while. Three eggs, chopped onions, green peppers, salt, black pepper, and spinach or a salad mix on the side. Starting when I get a gym membership next month, my diet will be the same omelette every morning, and then I will be doing a pork chop, kale, cauliflower rice, and black bean dinner for when I'm at work. Cheap, easy to make, fast to make... also at Costco I buy 21 packs of Protein Bars for snacks and usually I have two cups of coffee in my system every morning. Protein Powder for workouts.

edit: woops just realized you're eating all packaged/pre-made stuff. Maybe my sentiments will still stand 😂 I cook everything for the most part and maybe that's not an option for you

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Rice, too high in calories per serving. Same with beans, too high calories per serving. Half the vegetables, too high calories per serving.

Eggs are good, because they are only 70 calories per egg, but the Just Crack an Egg was 200 for the meat and cheese and bit of potatoes. I was too hungry, didn't look at the Lean Cuisine label but those average 350-400 calories, and I have to keep my calories total per day below 1350 if I want modest 1 lb per week loss.

Start reading labels, and you will be horrified by how many calories are in supposedly healthy food. Bread and pasta are completely forbidden, no matter how much fiber is in them, because of the ridiculous high calorie count. Even "low-carb" options have about the same calories. Edit: Also look at serving size. A lot of supposedly healthy foods have a super teeny serving size, which makes it look like the calorie count is lower than it really is on your plate. Nuts for example, 200 calories for what is basically a single handful.

Last edited:

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
FUCK YEAH I was at the gas station today and had a pocket full of quarters looking for work, so I nabbed a couple dollar scratchers and yeeted out of there with 300 bucks!! Double yeet for gambling rarely enough to turn a profit if I do win 👌

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
They are good, but overpriced.

I ignored the food craving from the sugar crash once I knew I had eaten enough to stabilize. So of course once the food cravings finally vanished there was a second crash. I'm trying to keep from eating more than my planned fish dinner.

This diet thing is rough stuff. 2 eggs and the kit, a lean cuisine tv dinner, a measured single serving of cheerios, a little less than a serving of soda to get me out of the first drop, a 20 calorie fortune cookie to finish off the soda, a small grilled chicken breast with half an ounce of cheese and some spices, and finishing up with a single serving of baked fish with spices and a half of cup of steamed rice.....1600 calories. I need 1350 or less to lose any weight. No oil for cooking, just dry spices.

I think you need a list of calorie free foods to fill you up.
You are never going to be able to stick to 1350 calories/day eating packaged foods at 3-400 cal ea.
Are you drinking enough water ?

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
The fish and chicken were not packaged. The eggs were also fresh. The chicken alone was about 400 calories, a typical chicken breast is 2 to 3 servings.

Just saying no need to feel hungry when there are 38 calorie free decent foods to eat in between. I lost the most weight ever when I forced myself to eat a calorie free food every 2 hours whether I wanted it or not. I never felt hungry and my metabolism stayed active.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
What calorie free food exists that will do good things for your body like keep your sugar stable?

What foods don’t have calories in them? Even my vitamins have calories lmao

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
What foods don’t have calories in them? Even my vitamins have calories lmao
Steamed vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, spinach, kale, green peas, etc.), berries, broth based soups (homemade), plain or herbal teas are all good low calorie options that you can fill up on without breaking the caloric bank.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Low is not the same as none. Tea does nothing to fill you up beyond water content, and therefore does nothing for long term energy needs. Berries are just a lower calorie version of candy - they're pretty much fructose with very little fiber, fructose is just like table sugar to the body, not so great to snack on if you are trying to avoid swings. A lot of common vegetables are starchy, means high calorie, so vegetable choices are limited (no peas).

And it all adds up. Eating spinach (30 per serving) throughout the day every couple of hours is going to equal 250 calories, which leaves about 350 calories allowed for each meal. That's pretty tiny.