A Random Thread

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
Low is not the same as none. Tea does nothing to fill you up beyond water content, and therefore does nothing for long term energy needs. Berries are just a lower calorie version of candy - they're pretty much fructose with very little fiber, fructose is just like table sugar to the body, not so great to snack on if you are trying to avoid swings. A lot of common vegetables are starchy, means high calorie, so vegetable choices are limited (no peas).

And it all adds up. Eating spinach (30 per serving) throughout the day every couple of hours is going to equal 250 calories, which leaves about 350 calories allowed for each meal. That's pretty tiny.
Drinking fluids (tea, water) will make you feel fuller especially with meals. Berries are very nutritious and can be a nice addition to a balanced meal, a cup of strawberries is about 50 calories and 3 g of fiber. Some vegetables are starchy and should be limited but not forbidden, but the green leafy vegetables in particular are very filling for a small amount of calories. A serving of cooked spinach (1/2 cup) is pretty filling, or you can eat a whole cup raw for only 7 calories.The best thing about vegetables is they fill you up with fiber so you don't feel as hungry and help you feel satiated, and seasoning them well also goes a long way in feeling like you ate something. You could also try eating throughout the day if you want to keep your sugar stable rather than eating the traditional 3 squares.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Blew the diet big time today. By 4:30 I had eaten only two eggs and one tiny slice of frozen pizza all day, so getting off the clock I was starving and I had to stop by a store for cat food (we were out of the stuff he was willing to eat) before going home. Chipotle looked far too good when I passed by.

Oh well, dust myself off and be more careful about meal spacing tomorrow.

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
I've been on a starvation diet of only 5,000 calories per day because I can't work up the appetite to make the trip to Wallyworld for more groceries. Ideally I would just get drunk before I go because I'm not the one driving anyway, but then I remember the whole "public intox" thing being on the books. That place is so soul-crushing just being there for 10 seconds

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
Speaking of soul crushing, I still can't even that my roommate is not very much older than me but makes 46 smackeroos an hour, which is good anywhere but is especially dumb in my neck of the woods with its rock-bottom cost of living. Wew lads, that's as much in an hour as I made at Target in a day some days

TTGOz

Suitable
Just plugged my Pork Chop meal prep into MyFitnessPal.
One 6oz Pork Chop has; 360 calories, 18g of fat, 44g of protein, 0g carbs
Half cup of Cauliflower Rice; 20 calories, 4g carbs, 2g protein
Half cup of reduced sodium black beans; 110 calories, 19g carbs, 7g protein
1 cup of raw spinach; 7 calories, 1g carbs, 1g protein (I usually just take a handful and probably comes out to be around 2-3 cups but it makes almost no difference in calories)

497 calories total, 24g carbs, and 54g protein in one meal.

The carbs come mainly from the fiber/starchy carb contents from the vegetables. My morning routine is always coffee and a protein bar, or coffee/eggs/protein bar which keeps me pretty full until my lunch and then I whip out my meal prepped pork chops and then I get off work, wait another two hours to eat, and it's usually just another protein bar. At my highschool graduation in 2017 I weighed 301lbs. I now weigh 234lbs. Not from just what I said above, I just started doing that despite having no gym membership like I mentioned earlier lmao.

but I think you'd be surprised how well a lot of people do with just eating starchy carbs and fibrous vegetables. I tried doing a super restrictive diet like you're trying and it led to me cheating every. single. time. It's taken months, almost a year's worth of research, watching youtube, learning from others, and just trial and error until I finally figured out what is right for my body. I think you should definitely keep fibrous vegetables in mind. I don't feel bad drinking 2-3 cups of coffee with sugar every morning and it keeps me full until around 2-3pm whenever my first break or lunch is. I usually wake up around 9am, go to work at 12pm, and don't usually actually eat anything until my first break or my lunch.

I also need to keep in mind this is just what works for ME and I have a physical job of either merchandising bulk pallets or pushing carts in by hand for hours every day so I can afford to eat a little more calories in a day because I know I'm burning them quickly.
Here's a side-by-side I made about a month and a half ago. I was around 246lbs in the right picture.

I took this a few days ago weighing 234lbs! Been feeling pretty good since I took this and saw that I'm starting to look a little lankier but a lot of muscle definition is finally starting to pop out from all of the previous work I've done... just needed to burn enough fat to start revealing it.

Last edited:

happygoth

reshop till I drop
@TTGOz WOW, congrats! Looking good!

@Tessa120 dieting sucks, no two ways about it. I am no expert by any means, but it does sound like the one you are trying is extremely restrictive. Was this recommended by your doctor or nutritionist? Seems like you should be able to eat a bit more, especially if it's healthy foods like vegetables and high-fiber fruits and grains. But again, I'm no expert.

Ok so this is disgusting kind of but I noticed a couple months ago in the crease of where the side of my nose meets my face I had a blackhead. Even with weekly pore strips I get a bunch of them on my nose, basically every single pore of mine on my nose is clogged. I tried to squeeze out this specific blackhead because it was large and dark but it was at such a weird angle being in the crease i could never get it. Every time id try to squeeze it I’d end up damaging the skin from squeezing so much and I’d get a scab. I’ve been trying like every couple weeks to get it so I’ve had a scab there for pretty long. Well tonight I figured I hadn’t touched it in a while so it should be healed and I should be fine to to just peel the scab off. I grabbed a pair of tweezers to do the job, grabbed one end of the scab, pulled, and out came the GINORMOUS blackhead attached to it like this thing was fucking huge it literally was like a chunk I’ve never seen anything that big come out of my skin before. After gawking at it I looked in the mirror and that thing was so big that after pulling it out I now have a HUGE HOLE IN MY FACE WHERE IT WAS LIKE LITERALLY A HOLE AND IM SO FREAKED OUT LOL

TTGOz

Suitable
Ok so this is disgusting kind of but I noticed a couple months ago in the crease of where the side of my nose meets my face I had a blackhead. Even with weekly pore strips I get a bunch of them on my nose, basically every single pore of mine on my nose is clogged. I tried to squeeze out this specific blackhead because it was large and dark but it was at such a weird angle being in the crease i could never get it. Every time id try to squeeze it I’d end up damaging the skin from squeezing so much and I’d get a scab. I’ve been trying like every couple weeks to get it so I’ve had a scab there for pretty long. Well tonight I figured I hadn’t touched it in a while so it should be healed and I should be fine to to just peel the scab off. I grabbed a pair of tweezers to do the job, grabbed one end of the scab, pulled, and out came the GINORMOUS blackhead attached to it like this thing was fucking huge it literally was like a chunk I’ve never seen anything that big come out of my skin before. After gawking at it I looked in the mirror and that thing was so big that after pulling it out I now have a HUGE HOLE IN MY FACE WHERE IT WAS LIKE LITERALLY A HOLE AND IM SO FREAKED OUT LOL
people with trypophobia avoid leo for about two weeks

(jk)

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I promised myself not to share 9/11 stuff on my timeline because their just isn't anything that could capture the right tone for me.
Here, late in the evening, I found Neil Gaiman's poem and it knocked me flat.

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
Put an OTC antibiotic (like Neosporin) on it until it closes up, and if it isn't healing in a couple of days, please go to your doctor or an urgent care facility to have them look at it.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
It was weird yesterday. I live really close to DC, close enough this is a bedroom community for government workers. All work hours coincided for my husband, myself and my daughter to be home early afternoon. The day was decent, and the power started doing some really weird things - off for a minute, on for half a minute, off for another minute, quick on/off, on and then off for good. I started to call the power company, my husband got a call from his store a few miles down the road, their power is off. I hung up on the reporting line because he wanted to tell me something, I called right back and the reporting line had crashed. Meanwhile sunshine outside.

At that point my husband started having an anxiety attack. Because it was 9/11 and we are a stone's throw from DC, perfect time for a symbolic attack, and the power is doing funky things over a large area on a beautiful day.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
It was weird yesterday. I live really close to DC, close enough this is a bedroom community for government workers. All work hours coincided for my husband, myself and my daughter to be home early afternoon. The day was decent, and the power started doing some really weird things - off for a minute, on for half a minute, off for another minute, quick on/off, on and then off for good. I started to call the power company, my husband got a call from his store a few miles down the road, their power is off. I hung up on the reporting line because he wanted to tell me something, I called right back and the reporting line had crashed. Meanwhile sunshine outside.

At that point my husband started having an anxiety attack. Because it was 9/11 and we are a stone's throw from DC, perfect time for a symbolic attack, and the power is doing funky things over a large area on a beautiful day.
Mind Flayer!

Stay off soda pop, please.

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
it's rant time are y'all ready

I made the mistake of tagging along with my roomie while he ran some errands downtown, this city always manages to one up itself with tacky ugliness every time I visit. The suburb I live in is decent but holy shit drive 20 miles south and it's endless miles of depressing urban decay, so I like to keep my visits as brief and infrequent as possible. It's got the whole set...the empty and derelict husks of former Blockbusters and Kmarts, the weeded-over skeletons of gas stations that were last open for business before the OPEC oil embargo, the weathered Art Deco office buildings that the small amount of gentrification hasn't improved on whatsoever, etc. etc. etc. Just awful. It's a special kind of soul-crushing ugliness that somehow tops any fictional dystopia ever invented. YIKES 👌

seasonaldude

Hitting All Items Scanned

I made the mistake of tagging along with my roomie while he ran some errands downtown, this city always manages to one up itself with tacky ugliness every time I visit. The suburb I live in is decent but holy shit drive 20 miles south and it's endless miles of depressing urban decay, so I like to keep my visits as brief and infrequent as possible. It's got the whole set...the empty and derelict husks of former Blockbusters and Kmarts, the weeded-over skeletons of gas stations that were last open for business before the OPEC oil embargo, the weathered Art Deco office buildings that the small amount of gentrification hasn't improved on whatsoever, etc. etc. etc. Just awful. It's a special kind of soul-crushing ugliness that somehow tops any fictional dystopia ever invented. YIKES 👌

happygoth

reshop till I drop

I try to avoid noticing how, let's say unattractive my town is. I live in a nice enough neighborhood, but the fug starts about five minutes down the road. I just try to focus on the pretty sunsets I can see from my front porch, and we do have lots of trees that will be gorgeous with fall colors in another month.

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
There's an old ass brick box on one street that probably used to be some kind of factory when it went up in the 1920s, but I don't know exactly how far the gentrifying hipsters went with their renovations so it could also be a Ship of Theseus deal. The ground floor has a fancy artisan coffee shop that hawks $9 lattes and next door to that is a premium sushi place with a sushi conveyor. Flying to Asia to pick up your own sushi rice straight from the paddy would likely be cheaper than eating there. Upper floors are now loft apartments if living 15 miles away and paying $1,800 less rent per month isn't for you. Many other things to see but not a single point to any of them. Need to see about taking all this shit back for a refund 🤞