A reiteration of my 'Last Stage Capitalism' rant

Hello, good readers!

I started writing down my experiences at Target, because there are some really, really funny moments, (funny meaning sad, pathetic, and shameful), but after 6 pages, I decided to spare you all of the tedium. I am too old for this treatment, but not for the job. For months now we have done away with huddles, (circle-jerks) but now they've re-instituted them, and I chuckle as I count the faces there and add $3.24 per face, then remember they supposedly can't afford to give me the hours I need to get the work done. I'm expected to stay longer than my scheduled shift, yet never get even close to paying the bills, since my over-night bonus was stripped away and my hours are slashed, but I still have to be in that place 5 days a week. I had to get another job a year and a half ago, because of the corporate policy that they should screw us slowly, in phases, for fear of a mass exodus of employees, and that's mainly because managment lied to me for 7 months, saying over and over "We'll be adjusting the hours when we get more used to the new system." My store is basically where high-school dropouts are sent when their parents get tired of them playing video games and watching T.V. all day, and there's NO training. As a result, their asinine 'Own Your Area' policy (if I own it, I'LL be responsible for ALL the details-i.e. who does what, when, ordering, cleaning, etc.) means I see my area destroyed twice a week by people too lazy, untrained, or dumb to know what backstock means. Why am I still there? Well, not for long hopefully, but basically, I'm stubborn. It doesn't have to be this way. I see the waste, the laziness, the lack of forethought, and I can't help but be driven crazy I work in 'logistics' but no-one knows how, exactly, to wipe their own butt. I've said it before, but this franchise has never recovered from the almost one billion dollar joke that was Target Canada, and we're all suffering from this terrible company's mismanagement.

I was listening to another store's SD walk with one of our etls today. The sd is watching our store while our SD is out on medical leave.

After listening to him, I told my coworkers that Target management sees their employees as only payroll sponges. I also said that if you treat people as expendable and replaceable, they'll tend to act accordingly. Why "buy in" to a company who sees you as a total liability and not with respect for the role you play.

I was listening to another store's SD walk with one of our etls today. The sd is watching our store while our SD is out on medical leave.

After listening to him, I told my coworkers that Target management sees their employees as only payroll sponges. I also said that if you treat people as expendable and replaceable, they'll tend to act accordingly. Why "buy in" to a company who sees you as a total liability and not with respect for the role you play.

This. I tried in the beginning, but no matter how fast I worked it was never good enough. Now I do just enough...I would say to not get written up, but I've been written up already. *shrug*

Answer lots of fast service calls and they'll care less about work not getting done. They'll still be upset, but they're less likely to write you up.

This. I tried in the beginning, but no matter how fast I worked it was never good enough. Now I do just enough...I would say to not get written up, but I've been written up already. *shrug*

Answer lots of fast service calls and they'll care less about work not getting done. They'll still be upset, but they're less likely to write you up.
Pretty much where I was when I quit a few months ago. The bar has been set so high that so few things are getting done. Heck, I've been scolded over service calls too. You either are taking them too often or your not responding to them enough. That's generally how you can explain the problem with everything in the store. If you push truck, then you aren't setting that new pog, if you set the new pog you aren't pushing truck. If you greet guests and they start talking beyond just the "hello" then you are being too chatty, if you don't greet them then you're being rude. If you help other team members then you aren't completing your tasks. Which drives home the "Your Own Area" policy which results in every person for themselves. Training became abysmal for all new tms. You're always in the wrong no matter what option you choose. People snap after being feed this bs that the system is working and that they're constantly being told it's never enough. That's when good team members who actually try all quit. It's the worst system I've ever seen in the whole decade I was at Target. I still check these forums to see just how much worse it's gotten.

Pretty much where I was when I quit a few months ago. The bar has been set so high that so few things are getting done. Heck, I've been scolded over service calls too. You either are taking them too often or your not responding to them enough. That's generally how you can explain the problem with everything in the store. If you push truck, then you aren't setting that new pog, if you set the new pog you aren't pushing truck. If you greet guests and they start talking beyond just the "hello" then you are being too chatty, if you don't greet them then you're being rude. If you help other team members then you aren't completing your tasks. Which drives home the "Your Own Area" policy which results in every person for themselves. Training became abysmal for all new tms. You're always in the wrong no matter what option you choose. People snap after being feed this bs that the system is working and that they're constantly being told it's never enough. That's when good team members who actually try all quit. It's the worst system I've ever seen in the whole decade I was at Target. I still check these forums to see just how much worse it's gotten.

I don't even own my own area. I don't think I've ever even touched anything to do with POG...and my pricing experience is basically ripping tags down on Saturday.

I should've gone for cashier instead of flow...

Back