Archived A take on a remodel ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are a lot of talks about remodels and lots of people here are eager to get one ...
DON’T !
First of all , besides a few TMs ( Plano / signing ) , no one else will see hours from it..and say goodbye to equipment too ..
They hire a special team overnight to do it ! And they will get 40 hrs every week , while most TMs get less than 20 !
It sucks ! Those TMs for the most part don’t care about the store , they know it is a temporary gig ..
It has been 5 weeks since they arrived , and they started in HBA , well , it’s not done , the travel section is missing ! But they moved on to toys , that’s not done either , then electronics ( still no Apple phone cases set ) , last week they started the plastics and moved half of the small appliance ...( sky high overstock) , and we still do not have any lightbulbs to sell nor pillows , nor bikes accessories , and no trash bags and the list goes on .
Everything that was moved temporary is simply flexed , some are still tied to old locations ..
( hello ship from store???? .)
Contractors are giving timeline , they start everywhere but nothing is actually finished !!!
We do not have a break room !!!! A tiny room with a table and 6 chairs , no fridge, no sink ...
And now no bathrooms ( we have to go outside , there is a trailer there with stalls ...) fun ! Especially when it rains !
The fitting room consist of 2 stalls ( temporary , supposed to be one week , but we are on our 3rd ) !

We have another 5 weeks or so to endure this mess !
I am over it !
But it supposed to look great ( later on) !

Well, you can ask to be part of the overnight remodel team. We had plenty Of Regular TMs that signed up for the 1 dollar differential and more hours..., its a good way to learn plano and other aspects of the store.

You're getting a remodel done in 10 weeks? That's amazing. Ours is scheduled for 4 months.

Like road construction, pretty much everyone realizes it's going to suck ass while the construction is happening, but will pay off when it's done. Patience...

Our remodel lasted about 6 months. The kids they hired for it were so horrible and lazy and a majority of them got fired for theft. I asked and the lead over the remodel asked if I could be on the remodel team (I wanted the hours) and no one would let me sadly lol but the stores do look great after the remodel even if it is a giant pain as it’s happening.

Welcome to the world of construction where ‘what is happening’ is on a need to know basis and hours are reallocated for the store. As @Planosss said you can ask to jump to overnights but that ball is in your court.

Other than that, grit your teeth and adapt and overcome because the hours will be plentiful when you grand reopen. As far as the merchandise missing or relocated thing, there’s a reason why profits take a 10-30% dive during remodel and it’s expected.

They didn't hire a special team at my store. They took from the dayside team lol. That's annoying too tbh. Some days theres no hl tm at all. And we're falling behind on getting all the stuff back on shelves. Vehicles everywhere.

We have some of those other problems you mentioned though. Our breakroom was closed for 2 weeks. TMs ate at the cafe dining area.

Only our guest bathroom is closed rn. I don't use the Mr John because I never used the guest bathroom either. Target shoppers are nasty. I go to the pharmacy or backroom.

We're on like a month with the new fitting room barricaded but we still have all 10 rooms of the old one. Runor is new one failed inspection and/or are missing some furnishings for it.

It looks like it'll look good (though a little dreary and sad with all this damn grey) when it's done but yea the process sucks.

Our remodel starts this month. I'm dreading going out to use the bathroom, I go like 2-3 times a shift.

Our backroom bathroom is like up by bakery somewhere, I've never even seen it. It will be way more convenient to go outside.

In 30 years we've had three. two major one minor. One up coming major, can't wait. Oh and one new re-built..

At my old store, the backroom ones were sometimes as nasty as the ones the guest use. I made sure I had Crew restroom cleaner nearby if I was going to sit down.

CVS shitter for life. Almost nobody uses that one or even realizes it’s there.

I know another store in the area that key locked the CVS shitter so it’s basically a leadership only commode :oops:

Remodels are supposed to use existing TMs as a base with at least 25%-50% seasoned TMs then the remaining are supposed to be seasonal. We had a few seasonals stick around after the last 2 Remodels because they were really good. But it's important that the Remodel team networks with the store team or even the good ones are just seasonal planogram members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back