Archived AAR question (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I was just looking for a little info on how the rolling 4-week AAR scores are calculated. I understand they are the past 4 weeks but my question is regarding whether its the average of the past 4 weeks put together or a total of the past 4 weeks? I do apologize in advance because I am aware this may be a dumb question but I feel braver asking this to the board than to one of my ETLs because even my team lead wasn't totally sure. Thanks all and I love all the info this site has helped me with since joining!!

There is no such thing as a dumb question.....you're only dumb if you don't ask.

So, what is AAR?

Average of the past 4 weeks, I believe.

If I read the report right, the scores are updated every Thursday. It shows year to date in group/district too.

We are trying to get more ESPs and attachments at the front lanes than electronics at my store currently, haha. It's pretty hard but its something that makes the day go by faster.

If my boss doesn't stfu up about the rolling score, i'm going to .... something something.

Thanks! AAR....not a term we use.

At our store they encourage the cashiers to try to get the two year protection plans on big ticket items only....like dyson vacuum cleaners.

It is suggested to remind the front end on getting esp's too.
We have really tried to train up our front end tm's on what is covered and what plans to scan, they have now challenged electronics to get more conversions so its a good back and forth motivation goin on :)

Thanks! AAR....not a term we use.

At our store they encourage the cashiers to try to get the two year protection plans on big ticket items only....like dyson vacuum cleaners.
go for the small stuff too!
coffee pots, toys, electric tooth brushes, grills & calutators, anything that has a battery or runs with a power cord, you can get an esp on.

My front end gives no training on ESPs besides "sell those." All the information I've picked up is either from listening to other cashiers (and if they give misinformation about redcards, I have no idea if they are correct on the ESPs) and here.

My front end gives no training on ESPs besides "sell those." All the information I've picked up is either from listening to other cashiers (and if they give misinformation about redcards, I have no idea if they are correct on the ESPs) and here.

There are quizzes you take that give full information on them, my store gave them to me shortly I started.

Hey everyone, I was just looking for a little info on how the rolling 4-week AAR scores are calculated. I understand they are the past 4 weeks but my question is regarding whether its the average of the past 4 weeks put together or a total of the past 4 weeks? I do apologize in advance because I am aware this may be a dumb question but I feel braver asking this to the board than to one of my ETLs because even my team lead wasn't totally sure. Thanks all and I love all the info this site has helped me with since joining!!

It's a rolling 4 week average, so that's why it usually takes more than a week to go from red to green on the scores.

go for the small stuff too!

coffee pots, toys, electric tooth brushes, grills & calutators, anything that has a battery or runs with a power cord, you can get an esp on.

I guess that the front end doesn't get counted for the extra plans.....that it really matters in /electronics. I've asked about protection plans for paper shredders, toasters, mixers.....things that college kids might be buying for school. I've gotten 3 plans for the keurig coffee pot.....and one on a dorm room refridgerator. Although at my store they're looking for Red Card conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back