Archived Abusing the testers...AP or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my store we have a line of cosmetics that has a lot of testers. Today I noticed a coworker just stood there doing all of her makeup with them, she spent a good five minutes over there using everything.

Honestly, I'm only assuming she was using testers. I wasn't in the same aisle, I was by the front endcap trying to keep an eye on her. After she left I went to go check it out and didn't see any empty packaging but she did look suspicious. She noticed me standing by and kept looking over her shoulder at me.

Even if she is just using the testers, is this something to tell AP about?

I can see this being an issue if she was on the clock while doing this. But otherwise, I mean, they're testers. That's what they're for.

It would really need to be paired with something else to make a case. Unless the leadership team didn't like this TM, it would be pretty low.

No place I know has public testers. I thought they stopped that in the 80s (except for perfume)
The current practice is for sales lady to put some on disposable applicator for you. We don't have testers at our store, but they DO allow people to cosmetics or skin care products if they don't like them once they have tried them.
I can't believe this gmail doesn't know how bad that is for your skin! And your health
Now I will admit that back in the 80s we would go to dept stores and spend a long time trying on makeup ,but I always got talked into buying something I couldn't afford. Now I avoid cosmetics counters with salespeople. Too pushy!! Too pretty ! Too young !

If you're not AP stop spying on people, it's creepy. APS are already creepy enough as it is.
Internal theft is a way bigger problem than guests stealing. Shortage effects your metrics. Metrics effect your raise. I like raises, therefore I am alert to anyone being suspicious. Team member or guest.

No place I know has public testers. I thought they stopped that in the 80s (except for perfume)
The current practice is for sales lady to put some on disposable applicator for you. We don't have testers at our store, but they DO allow people to cosmetics or skin care products if they don't like them once they have tried them.
I can't believe this gmail doesn't know how bad that is for your skin! And your health
Now I will admit that back in the 80s we would go to dept stores and spend a long time trying on makeup ,but I always got talked into buying something I couldn't afford. Now I avoid cosmetics counters with salespeople. Too pushy!! Too pretty ! Too young !
My store has testers for some cosmetics. Mostly lotions and face creams though.

Internal theft is a way bigger problem than guests stealing. Shortage effects your metrics. Metrics effect your raise. I like raises, therefore I am alert to anyone being suspicious. Team member or guest.
Internal theft isn't his or your concern. If you suspect it, you report it right away. I highly doubt any metric will be so affected that it would actually affect your raise and certainly not so much that it would require you actually spy on other TMs or guests to make sure your counts are 100% accurate.

My store has makeup testers for Pixi. People use them to draw on the shelves and other stuff that I don't even want to think about. Useing them is probably a great way to get ringworm, pink eye and cod only knows what else.
Mysupport told me these are going away in the spring. Won't help me this quarter though, one of our tester trays is broken.

Internal theft isn't his or your concern. If you suspect it, you report it right away. I highly doubt any metric will be so affected that it would actually affect your raise and certainly not so much that it would require you actually spy on other TMs or guests to make sure your counts are 100% accurate.
And internal theft is actually AP's concern. No asants about it. It takes everyone to help prevent theft. If you don't think it effects your raise this talk is likely above your ability to comprehend.

And internal theft is actually AP's concern. No asants about it. It takes everyone to help prevent theft. If you don't think it effects your raise this talk is likely above your ability to comprehend.
Like I said, your role is to report it. It doesn't affect your raise at all although I appreciate the condescension. Either elaborate or maybe don't post.

That's interesting they're getting rid of them. Just a few days ago, I saw on r/makeupaddiction someone posted a pic and a "zomg target has lipstick testers now! yay!" and everyone was all "woohoo hopefully drugstores etc take note!" I thought testers were gonna spread, because it wasn't a pixi product.

The guests test stuff that doesn't have testers anyway. I... like to look in to make sure the lipsticks don't look used on the rare occasion I need makeup retail therapy so bad that I buy one from target.

Only buy the NYX or other lipsticks that come sealed in plastic. Every single one of the lipsticks that doesn't have plastic has been opened, and half of them have been tested by the women from the backroom when they think no one is looking. And do NOT buy any makeup from clearance that isn't plastic-wrapped.

I mean, ASANTS, obviously, but, like, yeah. General rule that is also super specific to my store....

Ehh I'd pretend I didn't see it. It's a gray area at best, and I wouldn't want to be outed as a snitch.

I only use them when I'm off the clock. I'm not stupid!

Sephora has them. But I'm too much of a germaphobe to actually put any of that on my face. They have special disposable applicators too, but, still gross. I'm surprised Target has them though. I don't think mine does. As a result, like 30% of our cosmetics become charge backs.

Pfff, maybe if they're stealing big ticket merchandise or money. I hardly consider using the testers as theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back