Archived Accidental No Call No Show. I'm worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a simple mistake today. Thought I worked tomorrow and not today. I've had amazing attendance and have worked here since Nov. 3 of 2017, so almost a year. I've had one other instance of this back in March, I think. I was given a corrective action but I can't remember how long I had to get out of it. I know it was a while back though. Definitely more than 5 months.

Everyone likes me there and I like everyone as well. I work hard and I've been told I do from everyone too. Am I up for immediate termination or can I plead my case? Is it up to the STL or is it strictly policy? I really don't want to work anywhere else. I'm freaking out.

If you were on a corrective, it last 6 months, this might put you on a second corrective. Next offense Final.

As long as I keep my job right now, I can breathe a sigh of relief. I can definitely keep it. This will have me checking my schedule every single morning (should have done that to begin with, but we're all human)

Even if you're misremembering and the 6 months on your previous NCNS isn't up yet, the worst that will happen is getting put on a final warning. Your job is safe either way.

Big calendar, you know with the squares, hang it on the door and mark the days, if this is something you do kinda on the regular. As others have said you should be ok.. But I know when I worked a couple different jobs, I had to color code a big calendar to keep it straight.

Ain't no shame if you need tools to help you not make those mistakes. :)

Apologize, ask if you can make it up to catch up on whatever may have been put behind because of your absence. Since your name has back room in it, I’m sure they’d love to have someone extra to take care of some backstock.
Work to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I used to look at my schedule daily when I didn’t have a set schedule.

As long as I keep my job right now, I can breathe a sigh of relief. I can definitely keep it. This will have me checking my schedule every single morning (should have done that to begin with, but we're all human)
Definitely check your schedule daily. If your store is anything like mine, your ETL or whoever may add hours without telling you and you may be on the hook for it. Not supposed to happen, but it does. Screenshots of your schedule are good to keep. CYA.😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back