Archived Accommodation for not using forklift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad right knee and the RC causes my knee some pain and instability. I need to go see my doctor and get this form filled out. Will they let me continue to work in inbound or will they send me out to like packing where no equipment is driven

They’ll try to accommodate your needs and move you to another area.

I doubt staying in inbound will be an option. Yeah, you could be in ART every day, but I don’t see them doing that. I think they’ll ask you to go to packing... That is of course assuming you’re over 90 days and/or they were aware of your knee when you were hired.

Sadly I am not over my 90 days and I did not expect my knee it give me issues. Though my OM knew I had a bad knee before this all was figured out. Kinda scared I might be let go

5-10 years ago that’d be the case for sure, at least at my DC, but I’m not so sure about that now with unemployment being low. They’ll move people from warehousing to other departments when they find out they’re afraid of heights so I would think there would be somewhere for you. Outbound or MBP might be more do-able, but it’d depend on staffing and whatnot.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Lots of others think possibly I’d be moved to packing.

Does your building only have the older style RC? The newer ones have adjustable platforms that can absorb most of any impact, huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back