Archived Ad setup/takedown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While chances are "slim to none" that this will ever be seen by the people who can make a difference I do hope that some of us have been able to benefit by this thread.

Wouldn't this be a dream come true????? A revamping of ad..............

Something is going to happen, soon. They've recently raised the signing goal to 100% which is nearly impossible and they have about 5 store conducting Daily, Weekly and Monthly Signing audits! Somethings in the works, I'm foreseeing it in the summer or even the fall software rollouts. Could be interesting to see what they've been working on, but also kinda scared at the same time.

One TM sorts the ads by aisle. I think she writes the location if they need it. Sunday morning the team comes in and scans everything in clerical. Saturday a TM takes them down. Sometimes as early as noon. No scanning. Seems like my store has it easy.

Our store has always been a 4 am setup process, where about 4-5 Hardlines TMs and a TL sets up hardlines and 1 Softlines person comes in. BUT we were having a big problem recently with not being finished by 8 (mainly due to scheduling a bunch of new people who really needed training and could not effectively help with the process) so we have a new thing where the Flow team (yes, the flow team) helps with ad until it is finished and then they start pushing autofills and the frozen/dairy truck. Lets just say I am of the opinion it is a really really dumb idea.

One TM sorts the ads by aisle. I think she writes the location if they need it. Sunday morning the team comes in and scans everything in clerical. Saturday a TM takes them down. Sometimes as early as noon. No scanning. Seems like my store has it easy.

Your scanner folks make it easy. It's not bp, but it does work.

We must have bad scores then. Another question. I noticed a half circle cut out on the bottom of the part of the ad sign that tucks in. I assume this is so the location is visible when you lift the sign. The only problem is that it only lines up when the sign is right justified with the shelf label. Is this BP?

what we did is make endcap cheat sheets for each area so that everyone knows what to do for them. As for how to know which header, look at the bottom left corner of the sign, it will have SALE or TPCEVENT or ASAD etc. Always match the header and the 7 x 11 topper and if you have to do 3 x 5's the header should be Low Price Promise or Expect more, pay less.
setting up signs...
RF Apps
4 signing
1 request signs
follow the prompts from there
M for multi item signs
I for single item signs
I like to use P for POG signing when I do endcaps

If everything on sale, use 7 by 11. If not, 3 x 5 signs. Ck for signs from corp, first. Then use rf apps, hit 4 signing, hit 1 request signs, then yes, then i for item. Using item, will prompt to the real sign from corp, 90% of the time. Also, urgent batches for missing signs.

Just wondering what everyone's ad setup and takedown process/routines is like (i.e. who does setup?, who does takedown?, what do the shifts look like?, how faithful are you to the promotional signing guidelines?, tips?, common opportunities?, etc.).

SATURDAY NIGHTS from 9-10pm it's GO TIME! It's really annoying because it takes time away from the zone while we're taking down those damn ads! The "beeping" of the PDAs is so annoying as they're all synced as we all seem to scan the ads at the same time even though we're in all different areas. (sigh) I dread ad take down, and they hound us to get it done by 10. It should probably be one of the last things we do, but NO!

I'm on my last 15, stalling so I don't have to do much keying ( I'm AP, but my ETL-AP is LOD, so I "get" to help). We take down ads while zoning, then hand key every ad. It seems so inefficient compared to my last store, where we scanned them down. Glad to know that mine isn't the only weird store out there.

I started out doing Ad takedown, then ad put up, now I do Ad rotation, and for those that don't know Ad rotation are the 5 sometimes more endcaps you see always changing. Plastics, Pets, Paper, Cereal, Sporting Goods, and Toys. they schedule me from 7 to 3:45 to get them all done. And on paper it doesnt look bad. But the process comes down to. Print Salesplanner, Tie endcap, Drop batch, print labels, pull merch of shelf adjust to salesplanner. Pull batch( Sometimes my brother in the back pulls in for me when he's not doing Pulls or PTM). Push old merch to home then back backstock. Stock new merch. Repeat. (Until Mid-Day zone comes).

I'm the new ad team member for my store (and sadly, it's just me). For ad take down, which I no longer have to do, we start at 845 Saturday night and scan until all the signs are down. My problem comes up with Sundays and ad set up. I wasn't really trained, just kind of thrown into the position when the powers that be decided we had too many GSAs, so I have no idea what I'm doing Sunday mornings. I get in at 4, scan in signs until 5, then start doing the end caps. I get majorly stuck with the 7x11s from corporate because they send WAY too many. I usually try to partner with my plano team, but that doesn't always work.

Does anybody have any tips for getting all the endcaps scanned in, correctly topped, and with 7x11s (if necessary) by 8am?? I'm usually done between 9-930 (G always trips me up) and then I spend the rest of my shift playing catch up.

Ohhh...are there any ideas on how to make sure my sign audit report isn't 7+ pages after all the signs are scanned in? I print it out on Wednesday, like I was told to do, and go off that, but I seem to have 7+ pages to walk through Sunday morning. I don't get it. I'm getting very frustrated with ad and I've only been doing it for 3 weeks. Except for the lack of guest interference in my life now, I'm having troubles finding perks. :)

two different teams...Saturday night 730 to close (only team members)...Sunday 4 to 9am as set (team members only with tl doing endcap audit)

On end cap headers, whoever builds them, needs to do correctly the first time with digits or whatever. Here is a fast tip, look at the label next to pog label. It will tell you need to use.
Ism - special header like top toys, etc.
Spp - single price point with little doggie
Tpc - temp price cut
Ask your hr person for the latest signing book, it will tell everything about headers for all areas. Also, go to workbench, look up, ad setup. There is a training guide for ad takedown, prep, & setup.
You will be ok. Any other questions, just ask.

Quick complaint: Whoever sets ad for seasonal isn't doing it correctly. Last night while doing takedown for our Halloween section, every aisle had roughly 40 missing ads each. I spent a good 15 minutes over there just having to type "n" over and over....it really killed my flow.

Quick complaint: Whoever sets ad for seasonal isn't doing it correctly. Last night while doing takedown for our Halloween section, every aisle had roughly 40 missing ads each. I spent a good 15 minutes over there just having to type "n" over and over....it really killed my flow.

Signs fall off and get swept up by the cleaning crew far more than what you may think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back