Archived Adding protection plan after purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardlinesHarlot

Was that call for bikes?
Hi all..So before we got the system update we could just scan the protection plan and it would ask if it was for a previous purchase. It's not allowing that any more, does anyone have a work around that doesn't involve returning/re-purchasing it with the plan? Guest is supposed to have 14 days to add it and it's making my life hell back here because it won't allow me to do it. I've tried scanning the receipt and then adding it but still no go..

Thanks!

Thought it was 30 days. They always have the option I believe of adding it online (Swuaretrades website or target.com) or returning it, repurchasing it.

We need more solid training and access to this kind of info. None of the leaders in my store have a clue what I'm talking about..

Thought it was 30 days. They always have the option I believe of adding it online (Swuaretrades website or target.com) or returning it, repurchasing it.

I've been told from different leaders that's it's 14 days. I've been there for over a year and no one had challenged it yet. I looked all over work bench and couldn't find much info. So helpful.

I'm still being told up to 30 days after purchase with receipt. I've also been told to hand out the SquareTrade packets until we run out of them, but no one really knows anything more about how this new system is going to work out.

I've tried scanning the receipt and then adding it but still no go..

I had a guest come in with her receipt to add a SRP to an item they'd bought and it did nothing when we scanned the receipt. We just scanned a SRP packet, handed it to the guest, told them to refer to the info in the packet and have the serial number for the item ready if something happens to it. My TL in Electronics knows nothing yet, the rest of the ETLs know nothing, there hasn't been any information about it sent to us.... so we're kind of winging it at this point.

I've noticed also the checklane and GS registers now ask to add on the protection plan (not just the electronics registers anymore)

So there are generic scan sheets that were sent on a red wire. All our registers have them as a back up of the register doesn't prompt. There were also supposed to be generic square trade pamphlets, but we haven't seen those yet.

Has anyone that the $ amts are different on the register vs plan card?
For ex: buying sd card, register says 8.00 & plan says 5.00.
No different on the cheat sheet(workbench)

To be honest, I think I like the changes. At the registers and the service desk, its impossible to keep all of the old service plan cards stocked properly. There were plans for bikes, TVs, personal electronics and all the others I'm forgetting. Trying to find the right one among 20 different registers was a needle-in-a-haystack experience, especially when guests are waiting.

The only thing I'm hesitant about is making the guest signup online afterwards. We all know how likely that is to happen.

Has anyone that the $ amts are different on the register vs plan card?
For ex: buying sd card, register says 8.00 & plan says 5.00.
No different on the cheat sheet(workbench)
We were supposed to get new pamphlets to replace the old ones we scanned. Have no idea where they are. Guest service keeps calling me for info and I'm like the fuck do I know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back