Archived Advice for Getting Ready for the LOL Surprise Scavenger Hunt Event this upcoming Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattern Finder

Floater? I barely even know her!
Hey everyone, this will be my first time volunteering for an in-store event and doing an official hardlines salesfloor shift (got wrong info so that's on me) if the ETL-Hardline and TLs do approve of my sign up.

My HR TM really needs people, so when I expressed interest about the event without being properly trained (though I have experience and a gist of how hardlines work), she just had me sign up. She told me as long as I know how shit operates, I should be fine. She also had another Front Ends TM sign up because she also experience but no proper training for the shift, so I’m not alone in that regards.

What are things I should expect to do and be prepared for?

Last edited:
If it's like previous events at my store, don't worry about being properly trained for hardlines. Your job is to help guests there for the event and offer them event related service so that the regular hardlines staff can do their normal jobs. You won't be doing push/pulls or anything like that. Just be friendly to guests for a few hours.

Last edited:
Thanks dude! I tend to overthink if I’m worried about it.

I did lowkey signed up for this event so I can further boost my chances of getting cross trained for hardlines after Black Friday week. Don’t know if it’ll make a significant difference, but at least I’m being proactive about it.

It’s not really a regular hardlines shift. You’ll probably just be helping set up for the event and then standing at a table for a couple hours greeting people and giving something out. I’m front end and have done a few of these events

All right, I definitely overthought this.

I know I'll get a shirt for the event, so that's pretty chill. Thanks for clearing the misunderstanding Dog

Reactions: Dog
All right, I definitely overthought this.

I know I'll get a shirt for the event, so that's pretty chill. Thanks for clearing the misunderstanding Dog
Of course! I think it’ll be fun for you. I like doing the events because it’s a change of pace and you pretty much get paid to stand around and say hi to kids and parents. Let us know how you like it!!

here is the $700 lol surprise ...

like no way no kid is worth $700 for 1 Toy !!

Bruh... that’s $700 I could use for rent or month supplies of groceries. Child please

Anyone know the actual DPCI for the Lol surprise exclusive that the guests have to buy? The DPCI in the weekly ad print out references the Scooter not the actual product

Update: So I did the event and I was little bit shocked we didn't have volunteering t-shirts for this event. Corporate didn't give us all of the supplies we needed to set up, so the scavenger hunt never happened. It was basically LOL Surprise Freebies Event handing out pencils, temporary tattoos, and key chains and advertising the Target Exclusive limited edition LOL Surprise Supreme Pet. Overall it definitely could have been better, but I got more hours so I'm all right with that. I also haven't volunteer in a while, so I'm glad I got the opportunity to do that at least.

That would make a lot of sense, but the person in-charge of the event was also the LOD and it seemed like she didn't have time to check. We just opened up the box of pencils and stacked it along side with the temporary tattoos on one of the tables a minute before the event started it. Once the event was about to be finished, she did have us bring all the leftover supplies to TSC in operator booth.

I did this event and let's just say I was pissed. I was thrown into a fire and we had some impatient mother's. We had all the handouts and the shirts but nothing else ready. The table we we're supposed to have was hidden. I was the only person that showed that was supposed to work it (thankfully I had someone there to help who has done past events). We didn't start till 30 mins after the event started with guests waiting in our mini-seasonal and we didn't have the new items ready because someone backstocked them. So I put on my nice face and used my nice voice and worked it. Also what is up with the unboxing that was supposed to be going on? It is bad when the guests knew more than the team members.

We got t-shirts at my store. Seasonals were running the event, and they all had fun. We have a TL in charge of WTW events. He keeps it all organized. It works pretty well.

It would have been amazing if things were able to pan out like that today. It was all a last minute and disappointing experience, but that's no way discouraging me to volunteer in the future. I'm glad they all had a blast doing the event

It would have been amazing if things were able to pan out like that today. It was all a last minute and disappointing experience, but that's no way discouraging me to volunteer in the future. I'm glad they all had a blast doing the event

I didn't even know about the event until I got in today. For the Paw Patrol event, it would've been the same thing if I hadn't seen it on the Target website while I was browsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back