Archived Advice/help needed. LOA is over and still have not been scheduled to return in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year in the early fall, I requested to not work past a certain time due to panic attacks and I provided psychiatrist's notes and filled out forms. And I was told that I would need a ADA Review/Meeting to approve it. But as this was going on, I was continued to be scheduled to work. Fast Forward to November: I badly injured myself and was on a paid medical leave of absense. My physical doctor said I could return to work after Christmas, thus my paid loa expired on that date. However my store hasn't scheduled me to return ever since then, claiming that my ADA Request needed to be approved. However it's taken them a long time to set up the meeting and I'll be losing 32 days of work. I don't know if this is normal or not. The only reason I'm finding this weird, is because when I put in the ADA Request last early fall, they didn't prevent me from working like they are now. If anyone has any knowledge about this process or would let me know if I should be concerned. Please let me know.

Do you have doctor’s note approved you return to work? Have you talk with HR in person?

Do you have doctor’s note approved you return to work? Have you talk with HR in person?
Yes, my doctor wrote out a form stating when I could return. It was approved. I haven't talked to HR about the lost time because I'm worried that they will place the blame on me and my ADA request. Also they were the ones who told me that they couldn't schedule me back until the ADA request was approved. The meeting is this Friday, however by that time, I'll be losing another week's worth of work.

Last edited:
You did fil it out the loa paperwork? Do you have the supporting documentation from spot confirming loa?
There is no hours at spot now.

File for unemployment and call the EEOC for your state.
This. I also have a mental illness and went on an LOA due to mental illness and there was zero problem coming back. I even told HR when I was coming back before they were notified by Pay & Benefits and the store put me on the schedule before hearing from them.

You did fil it out the loa paperwork? Do you have the supporting documentation from spot confirming loa?
There is no hours at spot now.
Yes I filled out the loa paperwork and it was approved and have supporting documentation. My store knows that my loa is over, I confirmed it with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back