Archived Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new p.a. before I was a cart attendant things have been going well so far. But my manager said a few things to me but one that stood out is that she said is to work on my speed. This wasn't a coaching or anything she just said it. What are some ways I can become faster while working in p fresh maybe there are some tips that you all know I feel im going fast enough but i think they want me to go to other jobs such as cashiering etc when im done with p fresh instead of being there my whole shift.

First thing to do is to set yourself a good routine based on your TL's priorities. Of course there will be deviations, but if you know that you have to have X done by Z o'clock, you can get a good perspective on your speed. Write down what you do and what is needed and it will become clear where you can speed up and/or you have documentation of your time spent to ask your TL where speeding up can be done. If she sees that a large portion of your shift is cashiering or moving vehicles in the backroom to complete pulls, she can address those issues with the respective TLs.

First thing to do is to set yourself a good routine based on your TL's priorities. Of course there will be deviations, but if you know that you have to have X done by Z o'clock, you can get a good perspective on your speed. Write down what you do and what is needed and it will become clear where you can speed up and/or you have documentation of your time spent to ask your TL where speeding up can be done. If she sees that a large portion of your shift is cashiering or moving vehicles in the backroom to complete pulls, she can address those issues with the respective TLs.

Yep, all that moving stuff around, dumping cardboard, gathering donations, cleaning eats time.

Never worked p.a. but i can tell you some useful self help tips. Speed comes with time and learned repetition. Try your hardest to be the best you can at the tasks youre presented because if she is any type of a good leader, she will take notice and youl be fine. The more you work at it and the more you want it, the faster it will come. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back