Answered Advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in April I quit my position as a Guest Advocate at Target without a two week notice. I explained to my HR TL that I couldn’t continue to work there because of my mental health. I was dealing with depression and anxiety along with a recent recovery from a suicide attempt (which I informed her of). The day I quit she never mentioned I’d be deemed unhireable at any Target otherwise I would’ve just taken leave. I’m upset because I’m in a different state and would like to return to my original position (barista) but I keep getting rejected. I just found out the policy the other day. What also makes this situation frustrating is that originally I was reinstated for a wrongful termination and was promised my old position as a barista. However they made me a cashier because starbucks was full. I understood that but when there was space available, they hired a whole new person with no experience. I was promised hours in the Starbucks department but never received them

First, I hope your mental health has improved and you are continuing treatment.

However, the only advice I think that can be given is to move on and try to get another job at some other company.

Hindsight is 20/20. You should have applied for a LOA, but since you were in the middle of a mental health crisis, your TL-HR should have recognized this and presented all of the options available to you including the LOA option.

As for the promises some Leaders make to TMs, put no faith in those promises until after they fulfill those promises.

Again, a fresh start at another company may be the best thing for you. Good luck and stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back