Archived Adz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else's store utilize the all day zone strategy? If so, can you explain you store's procedure and the benefits / opportunities?

My ULV store calls the ADZ at every hour on the hour from 10am until 3pm. At that time all team members not assisting a guest will stop what they are doing and zone the store for 5 -10 minutes. Sometimes zoning any area close to where they are working, sometimes zoning areas that the LOD wrote down during the morning walk.

Looking for insight from other stores on this procedure.

Thanks

I too work at a ULV and I would love to see something like this implemented at our store. It would really help out our 2 closing hardlines tm's with night zone.

I like that idea better than a mid-day zone (which my store does). The mid-day most of the time ends up just being getting abandon done and maybe walking through departments and picking up foreign abandon (at least when I do a "mid-day").

We do mid day zone around 2 every day, and usually precede that with mid-day abandons.

I have seen them do zoning for huddle projects though, especially toys around christmas, etc.

OMG please tell me you don't close with anything less?

1 Hardlines. 1 market. 1 electronics. 1 fitting room. 1 softlines. That is our closing crew on a weeknight. The LOD has to zone 2 areas, either A/B or C/D. In the really slow time in the summer there is only a fitting room/operator. No softlines closer.

1 Hardlines. 1 market. 1 electronics. 1 fitting room. 1 softlines. That is our closing crew on a weeknight. The LOD has to zone 2 areas, either A/B or C/D. In the really slow time in the summer there is only a fitting room/operator. No softlines closer.

My store has enough trouble getting things done with 4 times the coverage you get. Then again, in the wonderful world of ULV stores, if an ETL doesn't do it, it very likely won't get done because no one else is there to do it.

My store has enough trouble getting things done with 4 times the coverage you get. Then again, in the wonderful world of ULV stores, if an ETL doesn't do it, it very likely won't get done because no one else is there to do it.

MKN, you are absolutely correct. In ULV's, the ETL's are counted on as coverage. If ETL's want their yearly payroll bonus, they'll zone. If they don't, then it doesn't get done. It's that easy.

MKN, you are absolutely correct. In ULV's, the ETL's are counted on as coverage. If ETL's want their yearly payroll bonus, they'll zone. If they don't, then it doesn't get done. It's that easy.

It may be because I'm used to my A+ (where we have TMs working, albeit as few as possible), but I have trouble imagining these fresh-out-of-college, sit-in-the-TSC-and-discuss-lunch-plans types being able to survive in an ULV environment.

I don't think any of my ETLs are fresh out of college. A couple SrTLs are, but they've at least been working their way up the ranks.

i can't even imagine 1 person in each area. Week days we have 4 in hardlines, two market, one meat, 3 or 4 softlines plus fitting room (we don't combine fitting room and operator) and weekends we have 4-5 in hardlines (5 if the TL is closing there) and a mid that stays until 8 and 4 in softlines. The rest stays the same.

I don't think any of my ETLs are fresh out of college. A couple SrTLs are, but they've at least been working their way up the ranks.

We have 1 fresh out of college and 2 (including my STL) that are not out of their 20's. I will grab them by their earlobes and drag them to the floor. You know what? We always have fun. Complaining doesn't get you anywhere with me. You think I enjoy sorting the Listerine out of the Scope in the travel aisle?!?! Get your butt out here and let's make this happen. If you don't have that attitude in a ULV, you may as well just quit and go get a job flippin burgers.....it pays the same.

Last edited:
i couldn't imagine closing with any less. Most of the time our ETL's are out there helping us too. We have two each night we close unless someone is sick or on vacation. Last week we blew our sales out of the water and by my 4th closing night in a row i wanted to cry and if you lowered our closing staff at all the store would have been a trainwreck.

That being said, we do not doing a zone at all during the day besides maybe having a huddle in an area and quickly zoning during huddle. We use our midday to put away reshop.

We have 1 fresh out of college and 2 (including my STL) that are not out of their 20's. I will grab them by their earlobes and drag them to the floor. You know what? We always have fun. Complaining doesn't get you anywhere with me. You think I enjoy sorting the Listerine out of the Scope in the travel aisle?!?! Get your butt out here and let's make this happen. If you don't have that attitude in a ULV, you may as well just quit and go get a job flippin burgers.....it pays the same.

I'm ULV, so I get that "let's go do this" way of doing things. I'm just thankful that they are either out on the floor, or apologizing over the walkie every ten minutes for not being out there and giving an update when they can get back out. I had a total attitude shift the day my GSTL and I went out to help the guy out in the 90 degree weather getting carts, and that guy was the STL.

I've seen my ETLs do some work including carts, but never zoning. Mostly asking for updates In the walkie. ULV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back