Archived AE 2016? Rumors and Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around this time we start hearing rumors, mostly all bad, fortunately, I think we may have hit rock bottom, as I think we can all agree there is nothing more they can strip away from us that wouldn't strip away target brand.

I was just wondering what rumors/predictions people may have heard/have.

Around this time we start hearing rumors, mostly all bad, fortunately, I think we may have hit rock bottom, as I think we can all agree there is nothing more they can strip away from us that wouldn't strip away target brand.

I was just wondering what rumors/predictions people may have heard/have.
As an AP team member, I heartily disagree. I haven't heard anything, but I'm sure AP is going to be jerked around again.

As an AP team member, I heartily disagree. I haven't heard anything, but I'm sure AP is going to be jerked around again.

This is true, I'm a sale floor veteran, and a logistics newbie, and AP-ignorant i know on the sales floor side of things there isn't much (if anything) they could strip from us that wouldn't borderline destroy us.

I fear for SFS during ae2016. Now that SFS is a lot more fleshed out, I'm afraid that they are going to start trying to cut corners and find ways to make it more "efficient" in the eyes of corporate.

Rumor TPS will turn into AP team member and will have to provide back up for cashiers and will have limited camera acesss.

No additions/subtractions to salesfloor as VM has added some support. No changes until 2017

Continued cuts to AP. Minor payroll cuts, opening AP team member not required anymore. Will only support the store from noon to close.

Stores will start combining Backroom and Flow TL's into "Replenishment TL" or "Logistics TL".

Guest Service remains the same. Ideally there will be an additional GSA to most stores so that LOD's/TL's won't have to cover GSTL/GSA breaks, but that probably won't happen.

No additions/subtractions to salesfloor as VM has added some support. No changes until 2017

Continued cuts to AP. Minor payroll cuts, opening AP team member not required anymore. Will only support the store from noon to close.

Stores will start combining Backroom and Flow TL's into "Replenishment TL" or "Logistics TL".

Guest Service remains the same. Ideally there will be an additional GSA to most stores so that LOD's/TL's won't have to cover GSTL/GSA breaks, but that probably won't happen.

This is already happening at my store. The first APTM comes in at 10:30 on most days, but some days like today nobody comes in until 12:30. And we don't hvae anybody closing either, they usually leave at 10:30 pm as well.

Ha, I'm already lucky if I am in before 3:30 pm. The only time we have an opening AP presence now is if/when the ETL-AP has an opening shift.

Stores will start combining Backroom and Flow TL's into "Replenishment TL" or "Logistics TL"
They already did that at my store, but the TL doesn't quite realize it yet.

The flow TL quit, and the Logistics TL started helping out on the unload and now that's the only place he's scheduled. It's litter all the exact same thing that happened to our last backroom TL.

WTF? What the hell good is that going to do?
Presence to assist with the Front Lanes skeleton crew.

On the bright side... You'll be able to make apprehensions, downside being... Your access to Cameras are limited and you can't go undercover.

I was told there's a chance AP TM's will wear Red & Khaki but... More than likely they'll continue the Pathetic Security Polo.

On the bright side... You'll be able to make apprehensions, downside being... Your access to Cameras are limited and you can't go undercover.

I was told there's a chance AP TM's will wear Red & Khaki but... More than likely they'll continue the Pathetic Security Polo.
If that happens, I am quitting.

Conversion of all front end cashier positions into independent contractor positions. In place of hourly pay, each independently contracted cashier must ring up 1500 guests in the week. It doesn't matter how many hours are put into, just the the 1500 quota is met. Not met=no pay. Enough independently contracted cashiers will always be hired so that average cashier can expect to ring 800 guests a week, skewing the possibility of getting your 1500 quota to be very slim. As it is a contracted employee, no benefits are necessary.

edit: I suppose I should have used sarcasm font...

Conversion of all front end cashier positions into independent contractor positions. In place of hourly pay, each independently contracted cashier must ring up 1500 guests in the week. It doesn't matter how many hours are put into, just the the 1500 quota is met. Not met=no pay. Enough independently contracted cashiers will always be hired so that average cashier can expect to ring 800 guests a week, skewing the possibility of getting your 1500 quota to be very slim. As it is a contracted employee, no benefits are necessary.

edit: I suppose I should have used sarcasm font...

I'm sure if they could get over the whole turnover part... They'd totally implement that.

Confused by this. TPS will now be able to make apps? And TPS could never go undercover anyway. Unless they're merging the roles into APTM or something.

Confused by this. TPS will now be able to make apps? And TPS could never go undercover anyway. Unless they're merging the roles into APTM or something.

The TPS Role will be merged and removed by the new Asset Protection TM position.

Sr. Tps'es could make apps. What will happen to that role, I'm not sure.

I heard there are going to be new TPS uniforms. They will be hot pink this time and will say "Can I help you find something" on the back.

Last edited:

^This

Except the goal would be RED cards per week, because signing people up for red cards is the ONLY thing that matters!

So what is this APTM position all about I feel out of the loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back