Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Target claimed that stores will get to headcount naturally through attrition. Thats totally not the case, its either perform or be performanced out.

I love how Target claimed that stores will get to headcount naturally through attrition. Thats totally not the case, its either perform or be performanced out.

My store reached count through attrition. We were over count by three. Two found new jobs, and one got moved to a different workcenter with a vacant TL position that was not part of the cuts in AE14. I'm sure if come July and August these people were still around then heads would have started rolling, but I think the point was to give people a chance to find employment elsewhere first.

We're almost at headcount through attrition. CTL took a LOA way back, extra GSTL is now Sbux TL, extra ETLs are now ETL-HR/AP and ETL-GE/SF. Only thing left is the Flow TL and BR TL combining into a Replenishment TL.

We're almost at headcount through attrition. CTL took a LOA way back, extra GSTL is now Sbux TL, extra ETLs are now ETL-HR/AP and ETL-GE/SF. Only thing left is the Flow TL and BR TL combining into a Replenishment TL.

The only obvious solution for that extra team lead position is Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves!

Due to some "goings-on" last year, we ended up well under headcount for TLs before AE14 was announced. We ended up needing to add two TLs. As far as ETLs, our net loss of one was taken care of by our GE moving to another store.

So as far as I know my store is going down to just 1 Salesfloor TL who has to be over all of softlines and hardlines, including consumables and electronics, 1 BR TL, 1 Flow TL, 1 GSTL and then for whatever reason we still have a SBUX TL and FA TL? Does this make any sense to anyone? WTF do we have 2 TLs for FA and SBUX yet we have 1 for the ENTIRE salesfloor.

The funny thing is I bet no raises will be given out even though coverage for that one TL is rediculous. I personally am basically in the "CTL Role" now with zero extra pay while the other PAs just get to continue on like nothing happened...horray!!!!

I hope my store gets gutted!!! Let's see if anyone's store is as off the charts as mine:

STL - never, ever here. Ever. No one knows where he is.
ETL HR - brand new, still trying to get a grip and fit in, BFF with ETL GE
ETL GE - formerly SL - clueless, mean, more worried about social time
ETL SF - formerly HL - been there for years, takes care of faves, doesn't do anything but fill endcaps occasionally will not get hands dirty (for real)
ETL LOG - racist. Flat out racist.

TL's - all of my TL's are useless. They pit TM's against each other constantly. They do minimal work, if any at all. I'm being very vague on purpose. I fear retaliation in the worst way. One of my TL's actually came up to me and told me that they figured out which TM had called the 800# and now they were putting the TM back on the unload process to try to get them to leave. The TL was proud of this. This is the attitude my store prides itself on.

One of my TL's actually came up to me and told me that they figured out which TM had called the 800# and now they were putting the TM back on the unload process to try to get them to leave. The TL was proud of this. This is the attitude my store prides itself on.
If Karma's on her toes, that TL would wind up locked in a trailer for the better part of a night.

That TL along with my actual TL make my life living hell. People would never believe the things that go on in my store.

That TL along with my actual TL make my life living hell. People would never believe the things that go on in my store.
Document all events. Fill out great team survey, truthfully.
That is something that I tell all TM's. When doing the BTS many think it's a great time to "blast" the company. That's the first thing they see right through and discard, be honest, be truthful, and be classy. Majority of it will probably end up being negative. There is a positive way to tell a negative story, that is how you get people to listen, no one likes a tyrant or a tirade. Even if you end up calling the hotline, do it with as much class as you can muster. Believe me I know it's hard. If enough people did it this way it MIGHT get a little bit of change, MIGHT.

BTW can anyone tell me what AE 2014 is exactly ? What does it stand for ? In Targe' terms ? Is it something that started in January ? I haven't been able to find that on here exactly (yet). Thanks!

Achieving Excellence 2014. Basically every year Spot comes up with a roadmap for the year to come, mostly as it pertains to changes within stores. That's this year's, which outlines a lot of cuts and merges within store leadership positions.

The only problem with cleaning the leadership out in a store now, is most likely the replacements will not be any better. When all you have to offer is low pay, high stress and a game of what ETL/TL positions will be removed next year, your not exactly going to get the cream of crop. Ad that to the perception that Target is a company on the way down and your going to get the people who are desperate but, not dedicated. Granted Target did this to themselves but, it is the TMs in the store who pay the price.

The only problem with cleaning the leadership out in a store now, is most likely the replacements will not be any better. When all you have to offer is low pay, high stress and a game of what ETL/TL positions will be removed next year, your not exactly going to get the cream of crop. Ad that to the perception that Target is a company on the way down and your going to get the people who are desperate but, not dedicated. Granted Target did this to themselves but, it is the TMs in the store who pay the price.
true story.

and if your store isn't or doesn't want to comply with this ? Because I can tell you we don't at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back