Archived All Things Beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
Hello fellow Beauty TM's! I know I've made a few different threads having to do with Beauty and it's become a bit confusing and annoying because I lose track of them (sorry about that btw). I didn't see any big Beauty threads so I decided it would be good just to create one big thread all having to do with Beauty! So be sure to post any questions, comments and whatnot here because I know I will be(I'm quite helpless :rolleyes:). Anyone here work at a target with updated beauty area? I heard it looks wayyy different

I am the Beauty TL. I'm curious what people's schedule looks like. Thank god we went from four 4-hour shifts to two full shifts a day. However, my opener on some truck days doesn't finish push until 3pm. This obviously affects the department because now we have to catch up on zone, audit, and gobacks. My STL wants me to own the Beauty schedule now so I'm open to any out of the box ideas.

What are their routines? Do you have the TM follow the Beauty weekly routines sheet? How do you break down the auditing to ensure it gets done every week? As well as label maintenance and signing.

Still relatively new to the sales floor and I think my team is good or getting there but I want to give them on set routines because I know they aren't auditing enough. My STL said 800 scans in 3 weeks and that's because we crammed this week.

Not a TL and not Beauty. So take this with a big old chunk of that pink Himalayan salt that they use to make lamps. :)

I would start by looking at your opener on truck days. Why is s/he not finishing push until 3? Guest interruptions? Too much on the truck for one person? Or is it something about the individual that makes them less suited for that role? If it's external (guests, truck size, etc), can you schedule a second person to take care of those other tasks? Yes, it's more payroll, but I suspect that it'll improve sales to have that additional body on the floor to help guests and keep shelves filled and clean.

I am the Beauty TL. I'm curious what people's schedule looks like. Thank god we went from four 4-hour shifts to two full shifts a day. However, my opener on some truck days doesn't finish push until 3pm. This obviously affects the department because now we have to catch up on zone, audit, and gobacks. My STL wants me to own the Beauty schedule now so I'm open to any out of the box ideas.

What are their routines? Do you have the TM follow the Beauty weekly routines sheet? How do you break down the auditing to ensure it gets done every week? As well as label maintenance and signing.

Still relatively new to the sales floor and I think my team is good or getting there but I want to give them on set routines because I know they aren't auditing enough. My STL said 800 scans in 3 weeks and that's because we crammed this week.
If we have a big truck we have 2 people in beauty pushing it. Today we had 2 in beauty and the fus king wasn't very big so we were able to get done at 12 today. If there's only one person in beauty it's honestly normal not to get completely done until 2 or 3. Usually if I'm pushing in the morning I'll get most of it done before the evening person (which is around 2 or 3) comes in and usually it's just the nail stuff that need to be put away (because they need security tag and it takes a bit of time). Maybe have one 8 hour person in the morning and then have another person for only 4 hours to help push the truck as well? Because when 2 people are pushing it gets done sooo much fast. As far as audit we don't audit at any specific time. We do it as we go during the day. Like if I'm just walking around guest servicing and if I notice something that has 1 or 2 items left or it's empty I'll audit it. Mainly only the evening people audit because they're not pushing a truck. And go back we do as needed. As far as zone I usually just kinda zone as I go in the beauty department. Like if I notice something off while I'm walking by I'll fix it. But the rest of the zone (like pharmacy and detergent section) I start zoning at 6pm and then kinda go back to the beauty department to guest service if I notice people there. Also what do you mean by label matniance and signage? Sorry if im all over the place but I hope some of this helped! Lmk if you have any other questions or if I didn't answer them clear enough.

The regular Audit can be done before freight is done. Any recently received item will give a message that the item is locked (or similar) for count updates. The suspect audit has rarely led me to an out. If it has, it was a very low on hand.

Hey guys! Question for you on hours. I've been a beauty TM for about 4 months and consistently get 40 hrs/week, which is great bc i need the money and want to have a future at Target. We're also a bit understaffed so that might be part of it. I don't mind the hours at all though! However, some of the hardlines people have been saying really ominous things to me about hours, like that THEY started at 40 hours too but are now only given like 15 hours a week, despite being with the company for years.

I know the beauty TM position is newer, but is this something I should be worried about? I'd been thinking about quitting my other job (working 7 days a week is pretty tiring) to just focus on Target, but now I'm afraid I'll end up getting my hours drastically cut and not being able to pay bills. Has anyone else experienced this? Do y'all anticipate this happening to beauty workers?

Also, separate question....my store doesn't have a beauty TL. Is that not something every store does? it's something I'd love to work up to but I don't even know if it exists here haha.

Hey guys! Question for you on hours. I've been a beauty TM for about 4 months and consistently get 40 hrs/week, which is great bc i need the money and want to have a future at Target. We're also a bit understaffed so that might be part of it. I don't mind the hours at all though! However, some of the hardlines people have been saying really ominous things to me about hours, like that THEY started at 40 hours too but are now only given like 15 hours a week, despite being with the company for years.

I know the beauty TM position is newer, but is this something I should be worried about? I'd been thinking about quitting my other job (working 7 days a week is pretty tiring) to just focus on Target, but now I'm afraid I'll end up getting my hours drastically cut and not being able to pay bills. Has anyone else experienced this? Do y'all anticipate this happening to beauty workers?

Beauty is a work center that is supposed to be staffed all day from open to close unlike HL who only get scheduled during guest interaction hours. I'd recommend learning another work center just incase you need to pick up hours but I also wouldn't worry. I'd talk to your team lead and ask how you can maintain more hours.

Keep your other job.

My hours are so bipolar. I've been getting close to 35+ hours recently cuz we have 2 beauty people out (ones on maternity leave, other on a trip) but as the weeks go on in getting less and less... mind you I was only hired part time but I'm open availability. So usually if they need someone to fill in I'm the one they call. how many people would you say are working in beauty?

My hours are so bipolar. I've been getting close to 35+ hours recently cuz we have 2 beauty people out (ones on maternity leave, other on a trip) but as the weeks go on in getting less and less... mind you I was only hired part time but I'm open availability. So usually if they need someone to fill in I'm the one they call. how many people would you say are working in beauty?

4 plus one designated flow TM. However, myself and another beauty tm are crossed trained in HLs.

We only have 2 actually designated beauty TMs but 2 crosstrained TMs that work beauty 75-100% of the time....so basically doing the work without the additional pay.

4 plus one designated flow TM. However, myself and another beauty tm are crossed trained in HLs.
We only have 2 actually designated beauty TMs but 2 crosstrained TMs that work beauty 75-100% of the time....so basically doing the work without the additional pay.
3 to 4 folks at my store, with 2 HL folks as back up.
Wow we have like 6-7 people in beauty... and I was told they were looking to get another part time beauty team member..... there goes my hours

My store doesn't have a Beauty TL. The unofficial lead gets about 30 hours. However, one beauty TM with open availability was scheduled for only 10 hours this week, all as a cashier.

Might want to hang onto that other job.

I'm curious. Are you at a SuperT?

As for scheduling depends on volume. If you are struggling on push see if you can bump one of your others up earlier an hour or too to help before your table demo times.

You are doing table demos on your high traffic times right? I audit my areas based on guest flow and replenishment (ie how fast something sells and how long it takes to get an out filled). As TL you know what areas move faster than others. Do the auditing yourself.

if you are open, cross train. Ask if no one is volunteering. The more areas you can work the most value your openness is.

I'm curious. Are you at a SuperT?

As for scheduling depends on volume. If you are struggling on push see if you can bump one of your others up earlier an hour or too to help before your table demo times.

You are doing table demos on your high traffic times right? I audit my areas based on guest flow and replenishment (ie how fast something sells and how long it takes to get an out filled). As TL you know what areas move faster than others. Do the auditing yourself.
No I'm not. I think we are AA? We did 36 million in sales last year.

Yeah I would like to but I'm stretched thin between my other departments, sales planners, and my STL wants me to lead through my team and move away from being very task oriented. As of right now I can't see myself auditing an aisle in Chemicals let alone in cosmetics with all those DPCIs

Interesting observation:

We have these new sheets to note sales/sales goals/etc. So I'm talking to a girl yesterday about a certain hair product. She adds it to her basket with a smile and a thanks. Later, when I'm zoning, I find the same product hiding behind the toothpaste. This isn't the first time it's happened. When pressed, a guest will ask for something, put it in their basket and then drop it off before checking out. They are trying to be nice but they really don't want the item. This is Target's new sales culture plan backfiring.

Interesting observation:

We have these new sheets to note sales/sales goals/etc. So I'm talking to a girl yesterday about a certain hair product. She adds it to her basket with a smile and a thanks. Later, when I'm zoning, I find the same product hiding behind the toothpaste. This isn't the first time it's happened. When pressed, a guest will ask for something, put it in their basket and then drop it off before checking out. They are trying to be nice but they really don't want the item. This is Target's new sales culture plan backfiring.
Right or I end up finding those same products in the reshop bin later....

No I'm not. I think we are AA? We did 36 million in sales last year.

Yeah I would like to but I'm stretched thin between my other departments, sales planners, and my STL wants me to lead through my team and move away from being very task oriented. As of right now I can't see myself auditing an aisle in Chemicals let alone in cosmetics with all those DPCIs
I agree. However there is a difference between doing everything all the time (very task oriented) and training and overseeing. Find your sweet spot. Also, don't pick a big place to start. Start with an endcap.

For those in beauty.... do you guys audit in pharmacy and house cleaning area? Because now they're starting to have us in beauty do that on certain days... and I'm like I barely have time to zone, reshop, guest service etc! even our "#1" priority is supposed to be guest servicing I just can't at night when I zone and reshop. And so now auditing seems crazy to me. if you do how do you get everything done in a mannerly time? Do you still go back to guest service people in cosmetics?

Closers don’t audit anything in my store. But if they extend my area to all of pharmacy/HBA/chemicals...I typically finish pulls, do abandoned, zone and only go back to just the beauty aisles at the very end. But I’m in the vicinity and typically walk the area several times so I look present, if that makes sense.

Last night the team didn't finish push until 7pm. It was one of the new girls but you could see how this affects the department. I have them push, zone, audit, then gobacks.

@spotlife

Do you ever look at the detailed DC trailer reports? That should give you a better idea how long truck push should take each day. If it's anything like ours, it will vary wildly, and a truck getting finished at 7pm isn't all that surprising... (so long as the estimated stock time backs it up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back