Archived Almost 11 years, but now its time to say goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally did it, I'm separating myself from my security blanket. It's almost in rags now, and pretty dirty so it's time. Gave my notice last Saturday, and working till well two weeks from them. It's been a hell of a time, both good and bad. Going on to do what I do, but with a legit grocery company.
I have been saying for at least the last 3 years, I would be gone before my next anniversary came up. Never did it, to scared to give up a somewhat solid thing. I'll miss some of my co-workers, nut none that are in my department. Struggling hard with these last two weeks,a s we are down to two deli peeps, and a filler here and there. Team lead is sick, and food assistant is gone as well. I'm the only able to put together food and SAAP orders, so that really sucks. As much as I love working the deli department, the current staff and current management have left me quite bitter. Still I do the right thing, and try to keep things flowing, even though getting truck deliveries done is near impossible.

So thanks Target, thanks to the folks on here who have helped me on the few occasions I post here.

I do have one question though, what happens to my vacation time I have accrued? Its only like 32 hours, but I could use the extra cash right now.

If accrued prior to Jan 1, it's paid out to you.
If it was accrued after Jan 1 of this year, it should be paid out if you're in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island (after one year of employment), Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming--and the District of Columbia as required by state law.
Outside of those, you're SOL.

Finally did it, I'm separating myself from my security blanket. It's almost in rags now, and pretty dirty so it's time. Gave my notice last Saturday, and working till well two weeks from them. It's been a hell of a time, both good and bad. Going on to do what I do, but with a legit grocery company.
I have been saying for at least the last 3 years, I would be gone before my next anniversary came up. Never did it, to scared to give up a somewhat solid thing. I'll miss some of my co-workers, nut none that are in my department. Struggling hard with these last two weeks,a s we are down to two deli peeps, and a filler here and there. Team lead is sick, and food assistant is gone as well. I'm the only able to put together food and SAAP orders, so that really sucks. As much as I love working the deli department, the current staff and current management have left me quite bitter. Still I do the right thing, and try to keep things flowing, even though getting truck deliveries done is near impossible.

So thanks Target, thanks to the folks on here who have helped me on the few occasions I post here.

I do have one question though, what happens to my vacation time I have accrued? Its only like 32 hours, but I could use the extra cash right now.
I love the analogy of the security blanket. Never thought of it that way very true. Good luck with everything !

Congratulations-Image-1.jpeg

Small update. So yes if you have vacations hours that are not under payout vacation hours and you live in Florida your screwed.
Someone suggested I call out on 2 of my last 3 shifts and then go home sick on the last day. With the way things have been these last 3 weeks it is sounding like an awesome idea.

Just change your end date to the following week and use your vacation time. If you are nice to your HRTM, she can do this for you.

I was told I had to work one shift afterwards in order to collect the vacation time.

I'm nice to her but she doesn't care for me. Never has, very fake.

That's how I felt too! It's a security blanket. I think for me too, I felt like oh hey, job security. But I learned don't let a job keep you from doing what you want to do. I've had it with that place and put my two weeks in without a job. I wanted to do it for so long but I was talking to some co-workers and they're right. You get lazy (not you specifically but in mine and other people's cases) and when you're with a place for a long time you kind of get scared of moving on. You gotta go through the hiring process again. Resumes, Interviews and etc. But I knew this year before my 7 year anni that I had to get out. Thank god a few days before my last day I had an interview right away and got a job and started that job literally the day after my last day at Spot. You have to rip it off like a band-aid and fast. I knew it was coming and that I couldn't take it anymore. My store is the pits and it's getting worse and worse.

I really wanted to call out today. I wussed out though. I may miss Thursday, just because, I could use an extra day off to take care of yardwork. Florida rainy season and a broken riding mower. :(
I do have a push mower.

I really wanted to call out today. I wussed out though. I may miss Thursday, just because, I could use an extra day off to take care of yardwork. Florida rainy season and a broken riding mower. :(
I do have a push mower.
Call out on Thursday especially if you accrue sick time. I'm not sure about Florida and their laws. Use the sick time because I know in Massachusetts, they don't pay out sick time so you might as well use it if you get it. I did it one day during my two weeks. I had 60 hours sick time. Might as well.

Call out on Thursday especially if you accrue sick time. I'm not sure about Florida and their laws. Use the sick time because I know in Massachusetts, they don't pay out sick time so you might as well use it if you get it. I did it one day during my two weeks. I had 60 hours sick time. Might as well.
Lol as if Florida has legislated sick time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back