Already Cutting hours ?

I was just hired 3 weeks ago, and since then they have been cutting hours. But they’re hiring a ton of people, I don’t get it. I work in fulfillment and they sent everyone home early but our OPU was -1+ hours. customers were getting angry because their order wasn’t ready in the 2 hours. It was a messsss.

We’re getting close to the end of the month. That means any store that irresponsibly overspent hours in the beginning of the month now has to make sure they cut hours by the end of the month, while also hiring enough team members to make sure they are well staffed for peak days during 4th quarter.

My store did 337k this past Saturday and 229k on Sunday I believe theses are Black Friday sales figures so let’s staff it now.

We had a little lull after strong sales in the summer, so they're cutting back a bit now. I expect shopping to come back with a vengeance Q4.

I had asked about the hours today, with one of the TLs. They said they had to hire so many new people per Corp's guidance, but they were given truly little additional budget for the hours to come out of, so with it being the end of the month, they had to cut back. They said it should be back up to average hours for November.

We have need for 50+ TM's per store starting the third to fourth week of November, but you can't onboard 50 people in a week, train them, and have them ready to go. So the last few weeks of October and first few weeks of November, hours are tight in order to get those people trained for the 6 weeks we need them. However, in many stores, you'll make up your hours during those six weeks if you have good availability, and can come in early/work late/answer when they try to call you in.

We have need for 50+ TM's per store starting the third to fourth week of November, but you can't onboard 50 people in a week, train them, and have them ready to go. So the last few weeks of October and first few weeks of November, hours are tight in order to get those people trained for the 6 weeks we need them. However, in many stores, you'll make up your hours during those six weeks if you have good availability, and can come in early/work late/answer when they try to call you in.
I only just started and I am working 34 hours this week (my first full week) because I am willing to take shifts as they come up. I am was scheduled 12 next week, but I am at 26 hours because their regulars apparently don't want to work as much.

Back