Archived Am I doing okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got hired about 1 1/2 months ago. I'm in Softlines but the area I am in (IHS, RTW,etc.) Varies every day. No one has come out and said I have done a bad job or anything lol but it seems that one or 2 of the other new people with me ( started around the same time) have gotten a complement or two on how well they are doing. I'm not asking for a complement or anything, I just want to know that I am doing okay. The ETLs never have a problem with my area at night, but would they tell me if they did? Idk I just feel subpar with no one telling me how I am doing at my job, it might sound stupid and petty but i have anxiety and just feel like I'm awful at everything.

I got hired about 1 1/2 months ago. I'm in Softlines but the area I am in (IHS, RTW,etc.) Varies every day. No one has come out and said I have done a bad job or anything lol but it seems that one or 2 of the other new people with me ( started around the same time) have gotten a complement or two on how well they are doing. I'm not asking for a complement or anything, I just want to know that I am doing okay. The ETLs never have a problem with my area at night, but would they tell me if they did? Idk I just feel subpar with no one telling me how I am doing at my job, it might sound stupid and petty but i have anxiety and just feel like I'm awful at everything.
You know yourself better than anybody else.

I agree with @Dog and @happygoth. Ask your TL for some feedback! It’s been a crazy time lately for all of the TLs (everyone it seems is having launches or transitions). They didn’t forget to check in with you I’m sure.

They’re likely putting you in every different area to see where you do well and where you might need some additional training. This could come down to your comfort level in a department. Are you confident enough to assist the guest with what they need or even recommend something to them that might look more flatttering? Is it an area that’s totally out of your element and you feel like a floundering fish?

They’re definitely observing you right now and even getting feedback from others on how well you’re doing. I would take their silence as everything is going pretty well, they would have had a conversation with you if you weren’t doing something correctly or well. And the recognition the others got? They might have had a conversation about something they weren’t doing well and the TL was acknowledging that they were getting it right now. Unfortunately you’re stuck in the awkward spot if “too new to have formed a close bond” and “doing well enough to not be coached.” These are just common reasons, I’m not saying they are necessarily what’s going on in your case.

TLs are generally nice (always overworked) and will give you all the support you need. If what you need is feedback they’ll give you that.

I'm on break and I asked my TL how I am doing. They just said they havent heard anything negative and then chimed in that no news is good news.

You're still in your 90 days... you'll find out on your review.

You're still in your 90 days... you'll find out on your review.
I'll get a review? No ones ever mentioned that. If I'm actually bad they would say something beforehand though, right? I dont know why I'm so worried🙄😭

This makes me feel so much better actually💕 thank you!
It’s true. There are stores where the culture is that ETLs and TLs don’t really give out any praise (like mine) so it’s hard to feel like you’re appreciated or to even tell if you’re doing a good job... it’s kind of the way target is headed as a company I reckon

I always try to give out praise. As the CTL, I have a small closing team. They do an awesome job recovering the store and are sometimes able to complete other tasks. It costs me nothing to say great job, awesome or you're a rock star and the team members like knowing they are appreciated. I know I did as a TM and still do.

I always try to give out praise. As the CTL, I have a small closing team. They do an awesome job recovering the store and are sometimes able to complete other tasks. It costs me nothing to say great job, awesome or you're a rock star and the team members like knowing they are appreciated. I know I did as a TM and still do.
I 100% agree and always gave out praise as a leader. What irks me is when they praise anyone (especially slack-asses) for just existing. Hey TL, that TM's area looks like crap and they did nothing for the last half-hour of their shift, why are you thanking them?

Maybe I just expect too much from people.

You can't be doing that @ Spot!!!
aaf_shock.gif

I get assigned to different departments, mostly to fill in. All I'm told is that I didn't finish by the goal time. I've skipped breaks, but they only notice when I have too many steps between my vehicle and the shelves. Huddles, directing guests, bathroom breaks, etc., don't apply. Lots of little things get in the way, but they don't see them. No positive reviews, only the pull & push wasn't finished on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back