Archived N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASANTS, but if you aren’t a terribly slow picker, don’t call out often, and show up on time, it’s probably a performance discussion or at most a corrective action. Don’t let it happen again, be remorseful and understanding of how you inconvenienced a guest, and move on.

So I might’ve accidentally scanned the barcode of the item i was picking on the epick app thinking I was on mywork and it marked the item as picked so now they have to cancel the order which is grounds for termination. I’ve been working at target for 3 months now and this is the only time i’ve messed up so I would hate to get fired
Grounds for termination? That’s ridiculous, it’s a human mistake. Canceling the order before the guest arrive shouldn’t be grounds for termination. Next time be more careful but there is no way they can’t just fire you for that. It’s bs if they say is policy shit.

I highly doubt it, if you're out of your 90 days there is zero chance you get fired.

I do have a question, did you bring your mistake to the attention of a leader? That is always helpful -- I can live with mistakes, what Target's culture lacks is accountability.

of course, she just told me that it’s on termination grounds and that she’s not trying to be a jerk but according to the big boss cancelling an order is on termination grounds.

Expect a follow up conversation but they won't fire you. A lot of people don't know what grounds for termination is.

I've had a TL ask if they can fire someone because she pushed a backstock cart. NO! Coach the team member so it doesn't happen again! Most people aren't complete idiots in that they can't learn from their mistakes.

I think that was my follow up conversation because it was my tl and etl who had that conversation with me

Yeah then you're fine. I wouldn't be surprised if they never bring it up again.

not only that but i had a guest call corporate and compliment me on my customer service

This often never makes it back to the store (shrugs), It's also pretty subjective. We have backroom team members who do amazing work and no one's going to call corporate for them.

of course, she just told me that it’s on termination grounds and that she’s not trying to be a jerk but according to the big boss cancelling an order is on termination grounds.
Sounds like bs to me. If cancelling an order was grounds for termination there wouldn’t be many SFS/OPU TMs/TLs left, especially after last Q4. Even if they framed it as failure to follow, one infraction shouldn’t be grounds for termination as long as you are over 90 days. Honest mistakes should be treated as learning experiences, not opportunities to lower the boom. Hope it works out well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back