Archived Amplified AE 2018: "Post Gifting" Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of the changes/Pilots(can we actually call E2E a Pilot if it is company wide?), and Ship From Store (SFS) being an ever growing factor (A very important one to the future of this company).

2018, could hold some of the biggest changes Target has rolled out yet, shit, they rolled out new paygrades a week before 4th Quarter that was a slap in the face to almost all of the "Experienced, Seasoned, Veterans" at store level.

What Predictions do you have for AE 2018 (Serious ones).

It might sound redundant, but I'm guessing give anyone who works for Spot a "crash course" on how to do another workcenters job. I'm beginning to think and see that core roles that were once delegated to on tm/tl/etl is now beginning to go all across the board. It's no longer "go above and beyond" Bottom line, "Cross train" is now the new normal. That seems to be the direction we are ALL headed to. :cool:

Is AE even a thing anymore? All of the biggest changes this year were rolled out randomly throughout the year.

Fewer ETLs, more SrTLs.

They need to be careful with that balance because while ETLs may make more and have more benefits, they are also working under contract and not hours. That means you can demand your ETL works 80 hrs a week while getting paid for 40 hrs a week without facing any compliance issues or being required to pay overtime.

Edit: Maybe "demand" isn't the right word. It's more like expectations being above and beyond what is possible in 40 hrs and most ETLs not wanting to look bad, going ahead and pushing that 60 to 80 hr week to keep up.

I agree, I think having a handful of salaried workers per store allows Spot to maximize the about of work they can expect while also keeping costs predictable. And for most ETLs, they aren't getting paid that much considering. So I don't think ETLs are going to be reduced.

I agree, I think having a handful of salaried workers per store allows Spot to maximize the about of work they can expect while also keeping costs predictable. And for most ETLs, they aren't getting paid that much considering. So I don't think ETLs are going to be reduced.

I don't think you can cut ETLs from high volume stores. Too much work load, too many hours those stores are open - to count on 40 an hour week folks.

But I think yetive is on to something. I expect to continue to see more stores ditch an etl hr and etl ap for seniors... Having someone who can completely focus on those areas is nice, particularly AP

That makes sense, for those specialty positions that require a very specific knowledge base. I could see that happening. And hey, maybe that would mean that HR could actually, you know, focus on HR instead of having to do so many other random things as store needs require.

That makes sense, for those specialty positions that require a very specific knowledge base. I could see that happening. And hey, maybe that would mean that HR could actually, you know, focus on HR instead of having to do so many other random things as store needs require.

My guess is if Target went this route, HR as we know it would be on the chopping block with more senior-HRs or whatever they are called.

My ETL-HR has been majorly adopted by SFS, which is so ridiculously understaffed.

my store is understaffed p much everywhere so I've put the word out that I'm ready, willing & available to be trained in literally any workcenter except cashiering, up to 60 hrs a week for the low low price of only $30/hr, unfortunately they have yet to take me up on my generous offer...but I'm sure they will any day now!

Predictions:

DCs start being converted to push eaches and departmental pallets to stores.

If they are committed to raising the hourly wage across the board to $15 per hour, start looking for reduced benefits and more veteran TMs performanced out and replaced by more part-time TMs.

Predictions:

DCs start being converted to push eaches and departmental pallets to stores.

If they are committed to raising the hourly wage across the board to $15 per hour, start looking for reduced benefits and more veteran TMs performanced out and replaced by more part-time TMs.

So same ol' same ol' for the last 20 years in every major corporate chain store?

For ETLs and TLs expect more unannounced visits. I’m a lead and I’ve noticed more of them. Trying to trim the fat more and more

For ETLs and TLs expect more unannounced visits. I’m a lead and I’ve noticed more of them. Trying to trim the fat more and more
I've definitely noticed that over the past few months. They have a general idea that a visit is possible, but usually they don't know an exact day or time until it happens. The SVP of R100 has been touring stores recently, and the only way you know he's coming is when the STLs post on groupme when he gets to their store.

I mean I get it that stores should perform like there will be a visit, but why all of the sudden? Makes you wonder what they have been doing before. Almost like stores aren’t performing like they should and looking to blame someone for it.

I remember a few years ago, as part of that year's AE, unannounced visits were virtually eliminated and almost all visits would be known in advance. I think the general results of that decision in stores has lead to the reinstatement of more unannounced visits.

Yeah, no. I've heard been talked about for years and years. My DC is too much of a clusterfuck to even load a truck half way decently, much less that organized.
wonder if your my headache with exploding trainers when we lift the gate. Freaking 7 trucks a week at that point... just put it on the 1400 piece truck the next day. Its practically empty anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back