Archived Amplified Gifting 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightArm

2 Many Hats...
How is everyone doing with the Amplified Gifting sets that were to start setting this week? I think the thing I hate the most about these sets is you have two different departments working on it who clearly do NOT talk to one another. POG writes the labels according to shelf and fixture position and then VMG goes "Nope, do it this way!" So you can't even label the things directly and then fill them. You literally have to find all the product, set it up, then scan each item to find out what label goes where. So none of that salesfloor stuff we learned for position 1-2-1 applies. For example, item given position 1-2-1 in POG is likely on 2-3-5 in VMG. And since VMG trumps it's the most irritating process ever. Then there's the matter of finding all the product to fill them. Took me an entire shift to do two POGs because I had to hunt down all the product.

I will say this, I do like the new fixtures and the fact that they decided NOT to invest in those crappy cardboard shippers this year that really just couldn't take all the wear and tear of a season of Christmas shopping.

I couldn't remember the proper term when I started last year, so I called those "aggravated gifting" all season, because they are such a PITA. I'm glad to see they've gotten rid of the cardboard monstrosities, but they'll still be a scavenger hunt vs. located items. Hope you can find a stand that looks kinda correct in the general vicinity of where the item is supposed to be located, luck out if you happen to find the right label, or at least a similar price point if you can't.

The fixtures are beautiful. The POGS were useless, even the VMG photos were unattainable (product may differ). Ya, we didn’t get all that stuff. A complete failure. All pieces are outside in containers, pouring out the day we needed stuff, day almost wasted. Tied so far in advance of being worked merchandise was pulled, not able to be pushed, staged, misplaced, buried under other stuff by the time we were ready to fill. Presentation set, softlines tore apart, VM moved everything around. They looked nice one day, terrible the next. Everyone annoyed at everyone else for ‘undoing’ their work ! Gotta say, what is there seems to be selling or they are just less filled than I remember them being yesterday. Maybe it will work out....eventually. But not so good this week.
Oh, and signing guy did his part to sabotage. Signs hung incorrectly, side shippers half done, bins mostly non existent.

Our pog team is done. a designated Hardlines person setting them all. Which is dumb cause they’re in Softlines.

My store has had so many projects that overlapped pog team and softlines over the last year that we got these all set, labeled, signed, and mostly filled in, without any major hiccups. Definitely not the smoothest achievement for us, but we've dealt with worse.

What I find helpful for setting pogs with a VMG is to set based on the pic (best you can) first, then print a batch of labels after and ignore the schematic altogether. Obviously this is only helpful if you have already found your product though.

Our biggest issue right now is finding the damn oversized stuffed animals. The giant buggers are hiding somewhere in the building and no one can find them!

Love the horrible pogs. Might as well INF it all now because nobody is going to be able to find or push shit.

Also, there's no reason that a VMG should even be necessary. The VMTM ruins everything she touches.

Guess who’s in charge of setting, filling, flexing, and zoning those monstrosities at their store? 🙃

This is gonna be a long holiday season. We can’t even find half the pieces to build the damn things.

The parts all arrived together and there's a good chance a vendor audited to make sure everything was accounted for. Not that I can say I am surprised if something went missing, happens so often, sometimes never to be found.

The parts all arrived together and there's a good chance a vendor audited to make sure everything was accounted for. Not that I can say I am surprised if something went missing, happens so often, sometimes never to be found.
‘Never to be found’ always happens the day after someone gets pats on the back for CLEANING the fixture room. Like throwing stuff out is hard !

The STL asked me what the department numbers were for the amplified gifting. I get them for her. Then she says, "Are you guys setting the ones on 11/25?" Ummmm, I'm a tm not even the tl. The tl was off. Am I supposed to make the store's decision now? And from what I understand, we are sfs starting Monday.

I've got two set, every fixture built and in the building, didn't the day moving adjacencies so we could start more sun/ mon. Had to fight for convertibles cause "the adjacency didn't show that"... I've pretty much gotten myself into being the amplified gifting go to person. Somebody shoot me.

We didn’t have anyone actually scheduledfor it so they threw multiple people into it. I was the only one pushing truck for sooo long, but I was also trying to get us ready for a visit that our ETLs didn't tell us about.

I did a bunch of this today, god I hated tracking down the softlines stuff, why couldn't they have kept everything together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back